SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth B. Ginsburg, she's on the home stretch.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth B. Ginsburg, she's on the home stretch. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I sense some sarcasm. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If she kicked tonight, that would be fantastic. As Sgt. O'Neil said in Platoon, they wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Hey Ruth,
Give my regards to McCain.
TTFN

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly. Its the democrat way.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Why should she have to step down just because she chooses to no longer have a pulse or detectable brain function?
Shouldn't she be able to continue on as a Supreme Court justice if her lifestyle choice is to be room temperature?
You guys are very narrow minded and bigoted forcing your own ideas of science and common sense on everyone else.

So, you're saying she should be able to stay on the SC as long as she can vote?

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Just a guess but I bet she figured there would be a woman in the WH now and she could retire whenever. Now she has to try and stick it out. I bet there is a huge amount of pressure on her to stay on the court.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this has been reported...they have found the original copy of her birth certificate on file...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Imagine she has a medical crisis, and slips into a coma. That would get VERY interesting.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I don't know if this has been reported...they have found the original copy of her birth certificate on file...

Very good. Ha !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8689 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
With how long I know I can animate a corpse on a ventilator, I shudder to imagine.
Think Trump's second term.
The old bag has already beaten colorectal and pancreatic cancer. She won't go easily.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
The old bag has already beaten colorectal and pancreatic cancer. She won't go easily.

Bruce

Third time is a charm! Big Grin

Posts: 13119 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So "this" exists! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
She identifies as a corpse. Don't hold the smell against her.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Seems numerous Supreme Court Justices have had medical and mental issues.

“Justices' mental problems are all too easily hidden. While on the bench, Justice Frank Murphy, who served from 1940-49, had a serious drug problem (Demerol addiction), and was seeing a psychoanalyst. One biographer reports that at one point, he was illegally purchasing drugs twice a day. Law clerks, and other justices, were deciding his votes. No one outside the Court knew.

[how long is too long]
Similarly, only family and colleagues knew that Justice Charles E. Whittaker, who served from 1957-62, was suffering from years of depression, often so severe that he could not make decisions. This disability forced him to leave the Court, but the truth was slow in surfacing.

Long before Associate Justice William Rehnquist was nominated to be chief justice, he had a serious health issue that may have impaired his decisionmaking. For nine years, from 1972-81, the Capitol physician, Freeman H. Cary, had prescribed a powerful hypnotic medication, Placidyl, because of Rehnquist's chronic lower back pain.

This powerful controlled substance is prescribed for relief from insomnia. Its known side effects include "confused thinking, impaired memory," and even "delirium." Rehnquist started at 500 milligrams a day, but the dose soon tripled, to 1500 milligrams a day.”
https://supreme.findlaw.com/le...efuse-to-retire.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The dems will prop her up in her chair after she goes complete with embalming fluid, makeup the whole nine yards. Like Chevy Chase strapping grandma to a chair on the roof of his car driving down the road in the pouring rain. The demoncrats are creative like that. Maybe she'll go during a hearing, but no-one will say anything because they'll assume she's sleeping as usual. Regarding her "beliefs" about our Constitution, she's not honest nor rational even with herself based on the crazy things she says that a third grader could otherwise understand about the most basic freedoms from govt tyranny. I honor the passing of all good people rich or poor, but not her. The sooner the better.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8689 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just for the record we all waste away. The woman is certainly not a friend of the Constitution but she is far from a Stalin or Hitler.

I want as many justices as possible and that is why I voted the way I did but I do not take joy in this woman’s slow wasting away.

The rock pile is to your left. Remember to lead me a little Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I want as many justices as possible and that is why I voted the way I did but I do not take joy in this woman’s slow wasting away.

I agree. I take no joy in it being slow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fenris,

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
The RBG action figure needs an update. The newer one should have a flexible neck so that the user can pose her as she appears when she's sitting at the bench.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You know, that first video really pisses me off. When asked how many women she’d like to see on the SC, she replied “all nine.” Stating some BS about how it has traditionally been all men, so now it should be all women.

These feminist don’t want equality. They want supremacy. It’s hardly a moral argument for equality that they make. I question how much support for equality I should internalize under those parameters.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Just for the record we all waste away. The woman is certainly not a friend of the Constitution but she is far from a Stalin or Hitler.

If the woman had an ounce of integrity, she would have retired by now. It's plainly obvious that she was waiting for Hillary for her magic moment to ride off into the sunset, but is too greedy and fucked up politically to do the right thing NOW. Any goodwill owed to her has been burned up already.

She not only thinks she will outlive Trump's term in office, but that someone like Hillary will be next in 2020, THEN she will be ready to give up her seat. Another example of leftist lunacy at work; she is Dead Man walking.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
As Bad as she is.. she actually came out last week saying she is disappointed in the blatant partisanship shown in the senate hearings. That it should not be that way.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post