SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are shoes getting smaller?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are shoes getting smaller? Login/Join 
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
It seems like everything is getting smaller, except for my waistline.

.....now I'm starting to think it's the pants.

Posts: 652 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I had to go from buying size 13 to size 14, on all my different brands of shoes and boots, when I was about 60 years old. Maybe your feet get bigger just like your ears and nose, when you get older.

Same here, mine went from 12 to 13.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
I have gone from a size 9 in my 20's and now wear a 10 or 10.5 in wide. My left foot is a half size bigger than my right. Just Mother Nature's way of compensating for all that extra weight over there.

A burden we must bear. Big Grin Eek

Posts: 2007 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have worn the same size New Balance running shoes for years. During Covid you couldnt get them for nearly a year. During that time they apparantly switched to overseas manufacturing.

When they were available again, I ordered a pair and they were actually BIGGER than before. Enough so that I proabably should have returned them, but I didnt.

Posts: 619 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Always have worn 10 1/2 Ds, What I find is the manufacturers are inconsistent with their sizing. Ordered half a dozen hiking walking shoes from major brands before I found one that fit right.

Posts: 2344 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post