SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bio to rent an apartment?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bio to rent an apartment? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This kind of BS isn’t really new. I applied for residency at a co-op dorm back in the mid 1970s, in Austin. They had a requirement asking for a statement of what I could offer the other residents of the dorm and I put down that I was tall and could get things off high shelves for shorter residents. Evidently that wasn’t the type of answer they were looking for because I didn’t get selected.

Posts: 26941 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Tell them you are a meat popsicle and everything will be fine.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12141 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
If they require a bio they probably also do a quick internet search. You might anticipate - search to see if anything interesting comes up. If you have a common name, and someone with that name pops as a problem child, make sure to include enough info in your bio so they can tell that is someone else.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
"I have a wonderful parole officer and a great sense of humor"

Being serious, though, as people above have said, they're just looking to screen out folks who wouldn't make good neighbors for their existing tenants and/or good tenants who will pay their bills and honor their obligations.

Which makes it, IMO, likely to be a good place to live. If they attract problem tenants, they'll have to spread the costs to other tenants through rent hikes. And you'll come to appreciate not having neighbors with 'parole officers and good senses of humor.' Wink

Posts: 15036 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
My eldest son is in the process of escaping from Kali. He's run into this as well. Friends tell him the landlords don't want any infiltration from deep blue states / areas.

That’s actually a great idea. Hopefully this becomes more common to make it harder for GDCs to escape their progressive shitholes and then continue to turn other areas into progressive shitholes.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You are renting a condo, not an apartment. Condominium associations have rules and this particular one is not unheard of especially when there are fewer units. For example, my parents owned a condo in a 6-unit building that had this requirement. Nobody was ever refused. Three reasons for this: no prospective renter or buyer ever wrote down a reason to be refused, the monthly rental was high enough to limit the potential rental pool to people of means or higher level drug dealers smart enough to not run afoul of the first reason, and none of the owners wanted to say no in case they ever decided to rent out their own unit.

Posts: 11012 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Jus t tell them your in WITSEC and not allowed to talk about it.

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
It helps if you say you are a survivor of the Andrea Doria.

Just watched this episode the other night. Never gets old.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Hardly anyone still looking for me.

This bio makes it easy for me since I am legally required to introduce myself to my neighbors.

Never actually convicted.

Severe night terrors but I rarely leave the apartment while sleep walking anymore.

Expert at night digging

Pretty funny stuff right there! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
My eldest son is in the process of escaping from Kali. He's run into this as well. Friends tell him the landlords don't want any infiltration from deep blue states / areas.

That’s actually a great idea. Hopefully this becomes more common to make it harder for GDCs to escape their progressive shitholes and then continue to turn other areas into progressive shitholes.

This is done because they actually want a rent check to show up every month. No some excuse, or a "rent strike," but an actual rent check.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post