SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wrong. Rec. Room.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrong. Rec. Room. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Big Grin. I always wanted a 4 Bore to display with my big Brits of which .600 Nitro was the largest cartridge I had. Several of those in different loadings. Had many big Sharps and Winchesters also. One can dump some serious funds into cartridge collecting.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the trip down movie memory lane Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7275 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
According to IMFDB, the elephant gun in that scene was an 8-gauge shotgun.

That is a great scene and brings back memories from watching Tremors in high school. Burt was my favorite character.

Today, I watch it an think 'ole Burt would've been better off with a rack full of HK91s, a matching number of handguns, and the elephant gun than a wall full of different manual of arms.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23655 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY!

Man, you would surely be one deaf MoFo after that! LoL

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Can you still buy 8 gauge shotguns? The kind used for slag removal in power plants? I'm pretty sure I've got a shell in my cartridge collection. Guess I've gotta go check.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
HA! That was great to watch again.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That movie's a classic. My mother, brother, and I used to watch it together on a regular basis. Brings back great memories.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Can you still buy 8 gauge shotguns? The kind used for slag removal in power plants? I'm pretty sure I've got a shell in my cartridge collection. Guess I've gotta go check.
Ive had a couple of those shells too. Had 1 8 gauge shot shell which was in rough shape. Knew a dealer years back who had a floor rack full of 8s and 10s, none of which he would sell. I did buy 2 SxSs in demascus and a Baker Batavia 12 from him. Also took home a mint 8 cavity bullet mold on handles. Never did cast with it.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I love that movie! I need to re watch those. At least the first three. Ive not bothered to watch the last three

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Alex P. Keaton would be very proud of dad!

I was shaking my head when their first choice were bolt actions.

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Classic! Still makes me laugh all these years later.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I like this long series of gags:

Pogo stick that stays vertical on its own until sucked straight down into the ground

Pogo stick getting shot up from the subsurface.

Bacon's one-man with a pickax attack.

The best is the sine wave of the boardwalk planks as they run toward the store's entrance.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32004 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
My buddy's housemate in college was a production assistant on that film. He gave me the script for Christmas before the film came out. It was called Dead Silence at that time. I skimmed through it and kinda forgot about it.

About a year later, my girlfriend and I went to see Tremors. When it got to the scene of the dead guy on the electrical tower, I thought, "That seems familiar." When it got to that gun basement scene above, I leaned over to my girlfriend and exclaimed, "Oh, wait, this movie is Dead Silence!"

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I saw that movie when I was a kid, and have wanted a walk in vault just like it ever since. That vault (no windows for me though) and a 1967 Mustang GT 500 have been on my bucket list ever since those early years. My wife and I are in the process of designing a new hone and I’m fixin’ to check one of those off the list!

Kinda want to paint it light blue in tribute to the film.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
See my CUT

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2262 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
that was such a classic movie. And they are still making them. Tremors: A Cold Day In Hell - 2018 - "Tremors 6". Just as bad/good as the first!

I introduced my family to this movie recently. They know I like B movies, so it wasn't a surprise. And that line (wrong rec room) rates up there as one of the best movie lines ever!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post