SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Small Room Heater That Won’t Kill My Electric Bill?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Small Room Heater That Won’t Kill My Electric Bill? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We have a finished basement where our primary tv is located. I’ve been researching for a better solution, but in the meantime we have been using a Dyson heater. My wife seems to think it adds about $20/month to our electric bill, but it sure helps and works well.

1.5 kWh for every hour in use.

Ex. 6 hours a day = 1.5 x 6 x 30 x $.12 = $32.40 per month.

Assumes you do it every day for six hours and 12¢ per kWh, adjust the equation to fit your situation.

It's free to adjust dampeners or close vents in unused rooms on upper floors.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We have a finished basement where our primary tv is located. I’ve been researching for a better solution, but in the meantime we have been using a Dyson heater. My wife seems to think it adds about $20/month to our electric bill, but it sure helps and works well.

1.5 kWh for every hour in use.

Ex. 6 hours a day = 1.5 x 6 x 30 x $.12 = $32.40 per month.

Assumes you do it every day for six hours and 12¢ per kWh, adjust the equation to fit your situation.

It's free to adjust dampeners or close vents in unused rooms on upper floors.

It’s about 4 hours/day, Skins. One guest bedroom upstairs is about all the latitude we have upstairs. We do keep the vent closed in a downstairs bedroom.

Posts: 13305 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your wife is good at guessing electrical expenses then. Because changing the 6 to a 4 makes it just over $20 per month assuming 12¢ per kWh.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post