SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Blood Pressure Monitors for Home Use
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blood Pressure Monitors for Home Use Login/Join 
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I had a wrist cuff that was very inaccurate, the Dr advised me to get an upper arm cuff instead.

Got the CVS 800 series upper arm model and verified the readings are right on with the Dr (both the manual and machine readings).

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3389 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

I hook up the monitor, and watch TV for 10 minutes before I press the button to start the process.
Watch TV? Isn't that counter-productive, if you're trying to lower your blood pressure?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31511 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch TV? Isn't that counter-productive, if you're trying to lower your blood pressure?
I tried that once, waiting for my HR to go down. It didn't. After shutting off the TV, the HR started to go down.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
This Omron 10 works well for me.
You will forget the price long after the quality is remembered

Posts: 1552 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an OMRON with the cuff, it records the last 10 BP readings I believe. I've had it a few years and it's accurate and takes AA batteries.

Posts: 21418 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Check to see if your health insurance company has a hypertension program. My BCBS insurance, once I was enrolled (through a diagnosis by my PCP), sent me a free BP monitor. I now receive a new one every two years.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My husband has one and it's the most accurate one close to his Dr's findings and made for a larger bicep.

It's a Life Source UA-787 digital from Amazon

Posts: 591 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Still use a cuff and stethoscope as I was trained over 40 years ago for both myself and my wife. Regardless of how you do it, this video explains some no-nos:

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3648 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail,

I thought you used the VA for at least some health care. If so, they likely will give you one as they did me. Mine's a Life Source, but I don't see the model number or designation. It's been right on point with the VA's BP monitors the couple of times I took it to be confident in the readings.

So far, so good.

Much better than their "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" monitors I've gotten. Had two and both stopped working very quickly. I spent the money on the Medical Guardian device since my wife fairly often travels and my little wonder dog can't get the knack of dialing 911.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1683 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMRON wrist unit is what I have been using for years, and pleased with it. My Internist recommended it, as he used the same thing at his home.

Posts: 6735 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

I thought you used the VA for at least some health care.
No, I do not.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31511 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post