SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get your ad deleted from Classifieds in a New York Minute Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's easy. All you have to do is post "One more bump and this is going to Gunbroker."

For anyone inclined to post what is essentially a threat in their ad, let me make something crystal clear; nobody give a rat's ass if you sell your junk on Gunbroker and your threats to take your precious shit out of our reach is and always has been an entirely ineffective way to compel members of this forum to buy your stuff. Furthermore, it pisses off the admin.

So, post that crap in your thread and your thread will be gone the instant I see it, at which point you can amble on down to Gunbroker with your goods.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107233 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Boss. Smile

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I did not see that rule in the list of rules.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:

It was not, but now is, a rule.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:

We're under no obligation to maintain any such exhaustive list, or to give notice when or before we see changes that need to happen.

If someone can't understand the "why" making more "whats" is not going to help.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wanna know how the scant 'rules' on this board came to be? Almost all rules and general guidelines on this board came abut after I or another staff member had seen a particular kind of behavior too often

This latest guideline is no different. I am sick of the veiled threat that some members is going to take their precious stuff out of our reach.

Really, it's as simple as that. I have become fed up with this tactic. It used to be, when a member did this, I simply deleted their ad without comment, but today, we reached the proverbial final straw. It just worked out that way- I have patience with something until I have patience no more. When that may be, I couldn't tell you, but today, we reached it with this stuff. Simple as that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107233 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's a bump?

Not trying to be smart, I really don't know.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Posting in a thread that is "moving down the page(s)" and causing it to be "bumped" back up to the top of the page.

In the Classifieds, is is how someone posting an add can get back to the first page.

Only permissible once in a twenty four hour period by the original poster.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43800 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
What's a bump?

Not trying to be smart, I really don't know.

It means replying to a post just to "bump" it back to the top of the list.

Edit: Damn you, Sigmonkey, and your lightning speed! Wink

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
There really is only one "rule" as far as I can tell: "Don't be annoying"

Posting fake articles, that's annoying.
Using ridiculous "catchphrases", that's annoying.
Posting about an "active shooter" before any details have solidified, that's annoying.
Putting random expletives in your post title, that's annoying.
Talking poorly of the dead, when the dead isn't some asshole terrorist, that's annoying.
Insulting someone based on their appearance, annoying.
Any threat of taking your ball and going to play elsewhere, annoying.

Etc and etc.

Parabellum is trying to make this a place where people want to come and stay and contribute. If you are annoying, people don't want to come and stay. Therefore, don't be annoying.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Parabellum is trying to make this a place where people want to come and stay and contribute. If you are annoying, people don't want to come and stay. Therefore, don't be annoying.

Agreed. Except I would replace "is trying to" with "does".

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
What I've never understood is: LNIB and ANIB. It's either new, never fired or used, period. Oh, rare is another one.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm selling something firearm related I usually try to sell it here first especially if it is Sig related...I would rather give a good deal to a forum member here first than sell it on "another" site.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
What I've never understood is: LNIB and ANIB. It's either new, never fired or used, period. Oh, rare is another one.

Like New In Box is actually a fairly descriptive term. It refers to the condition of the item, not whether the item is Used or New.

You can buy a "new" item from the store that is damaged. "New", in the context of selling goods, simply means that it has not been previously sold. You can buy an item that is "New Old Stock" meaning it might be way out of date or production, but since it hasn't been sold before, it's still "new."

"Used" simply means it's been sold before. You can buy a "used" item that is good quality, excellent quality, or, if the item is indistinguishable from new, then "like new" or "as new." You can buy a "used" item that's never been used, and you can buy a "new" item that's been used plenty (like, clothes on the rack that's been worn/tried on by others, guns that have been fondled, etc.)

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A New York Minute? That's like faster than a blink of an eye. Thank you, sir. Cool

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I am sick of the veiled threat that some members is going to take their precious stuff out of our reach.

LOL!

Thanks for running a tight ship. Smile

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Agreed. Except I would replace "is trying to" with "does".

+1

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Similar is the, "Final price drop and then it's going back in the safe" meme.

By the way saying "meme" is annoying too.

Oops...

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Similar is the, "Final price drop and then it's going back in the safe" meme.

By the way saying "meme" is annoying too.

Oops...

I agree, "meme" should be a trigger word. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post