SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You think this woman will sue the cell phone company for causing her to fall into the hole?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You think this woman will sue the cell phone company for causing her to fall into the hole? Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
One of my dumbest moments was I was on the phone once and walked smack dag into the pole of a no parking sign on the sidewalk once. I don't think I can blame the city for that.

Prob not the city's fault, but that doesn't mean you can't turn your dumb moment into a payday. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
One of my dumbest moments was I was on the phone once and walked smack dag into the pole of a no parking sign on the sidewalk once. I don't think I can blame the city for that.

Prob not the city's fault, but that doesn't mean you can't turn your dumb moment into a payday. Wink

They will drag anybody with pockets into this one.There will be multiple paydays.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
May 2015 a women on a device walked right into a passing Duck Boat. At 11th and Arch, near Reading Terminal Market. Even the paramedics were sickened by the damage a heavy vehicle can have after rolling over one's head.

As for Mrs. Basement Drop-In, I predict, "I just want to get better and get on with my life". Then a couple months later, WHAM. Standard Philly Practice. $200,000 settlement.

The settlement in the June 2013 Salvation Army building collapse, where a demo crew knocked a 4-story building onto a small Salvation Army store at 22st and Market was $227,000,000.

Six people were killed in the crushed building, five women and a man.

On June 12, 2013, Ronald Wagenhoffer, the 52-year-old City Department of Licenses and Inspections inspector responsible for inspecting the demolition site, was found dead in his truck with a gunshot to the chest. His death was ruled a suicide.

So to sum it up, settlements are big business in Philadelphia.

A person on the Elevated wearing a neck brace? It is a status symbol. It means you have money or you're getting money.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post