SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Small Engine / Generator Question - 1st UPDATE: It's toast. 2nd UPDATE: It won't be toast!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Engine / Generator Question - 1st UPDATE: It's toast. 2nd UPDATE: It won't be toast! Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
That mechanic sounds awesome.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I hope it works out. I am curious, did the generator work when you bought it? I’m having trouble understanding how the head warps by itself in storage.

On a side note, you can get a Chinesium copy of the cylinder head, complete with valves, rocker arms, lifters, and spark plug installed plus the gaskets for $68 delivered from Amazon. For $300, you can get one that's ported and has a multi-angle valve job. These seem to be popular with the go-kart crowd.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
trapper: It did work and I took a video of the unit running when I first bought it. I showed it to the mechanic (because he didn't think it ran either 5 years ago) and immediately he pointed out how poorly it was running, how loud it was, the vibration, etc. I didn't know any better. I thought "hey, it's a Honda! They're the best!" It starts, it runs, what else is it supposed to do? I didn't know it was supposed to be quieter. I didn't know everything is counterbalanced and it's supposed to run smoothly. I trusted the name and never had to use it in 5+ years since I never lose power.

The theory is that the guy I bought it from knew there was problems but sold it to a sucker (me) who didn't know any better. It happens.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post