SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prime cart - what's the sort order?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prime cart - what's the sort order? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Usually, when I add things to the shopping cart, the items remain ordered by when I placed them ni the cart - most recent items on top.

Looking at my cart now, the order is all mixed up. When did that happen? What is the sort order - I can't figure it out? It's cumbersome finding the thing I placed in the cart - I have 200 items.

Is there a way to use your own sort order - by date or something?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
... You have 200 items just sitting in your shopping cart? Why? Confused

No, there's no way to sort or organize your Amazon shopping cart. As you said, it's usually the oldest items towards the bottom, and the newest at the top. I don't know why yours is different.

I'd suggest trying Amazon's "Lists" feature instead of just piling everything willy-nilly into your unorganized shopping cart to sit for months and have to hunt through later. You can create multiple shopping lists or wish lists in which you can order the items however you want, add notes, share them with other people, etc.

When you find an item you want to add, you just click the grey "Add to List" button instead of the gold "Add to Cart" button.

As for finding that certain item in your ginormous shopping cart today, try the Find feature in your browser. Open your Amazon shopping cart, hit the Ctrl and F keys together to open the Find feature, and type part of the item's name. (It's like a search engine just for text on that current webpage.) It will highlight and jump to text on the current page containing that word or part of a word. If there's more than one matching entry, you can cycle through the matching text until you find what you want.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
200 items -- it's SF's fault Smile You guys talk about things and then I add it to the cart for when I have money. Smile

I do have list and use them. The cart is just a big jumble of misc stuff that look interesting or something I want to check out further. And don't want to clutter my real lists with them Smile

It's been fine because chronologically sorted, similar items get grouped together. But with the new sort scheme Amazon has graced upon me, it's a mess.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I do have list and use them. The cart is just a big jumble of misc stuff that look interesting or something I want to check out further. And don't want to clutter my real lists with them Smile

So you'd rather clutter up your shopping cart with them instead? Wink

Just create another list, title it "Interesting Sigforum Items" or whatever, and use that. It's significantly more organized, with greater functionality, and leaves your shopping cart free for its intended purpose.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just create another list, title it "Interesting Sigforum Items" or whatever, and use that. It's significantly more organized, with greater functionality, and leaves your shopping cart free for its intended purpose.

Yea. I should do that. It's about time Smile It's not in my shopping cart per se - it's the cart 'saved for later' section. I use lists for longer term storage of items. For example, some tool that I want to buy eventually when the need comes up. I save it because you guys will mention a particular brand or model and this is so that I won't forget. Smile

You guys just talk about so many interesting things that the cart fills up quickly. You should see how many items are just watches alone Smile

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
The cart "save for later" feature is intended for short term storage...is wasn't designed to keep things sorted. It is likely that items move around as availability changes

What you're using it for is how the "wish list" was intended to be used...that's why you can make as many lists as you need.

200 items Eek I prune if my list gets longer than a page

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14187 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post