SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LLWS champs invited by President Trump to fly home to Louisiana on Air Force One
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LLWS champs invited by President Trump to fly home to Louisiana on Air Force One Login/Join 
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted
WASHINGTON -- The winners of the 2019 Little League World Series flew home from Washington to Louisiana in style -- aboard Air Force One.

President Donald Trump met with the Eastbank All-Stars on Friday at the White House. At the meeting, Trump asked the team members' parents if the team could hop on Air Force One for the ride back to Louisiana since Trump was already headed to the state for a campaign rally.

The team then met again with Trump at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland, on the tarmac near Air Force One, and they all ascended onto the presidential plane together.

The Eastbank All-Stars are based in suburban New Orleans. In August, Louisiana shut out Curacao 8-0 to win the state's first Little League World Series title.

The team fought its way back through the losers bracket after dropping its first game to Hawai'i. Louisiana won six games in eight days, becoming the first team to win the LLWS after losing its first game since the tournament expanded in 2001.

https://www.espn.com/llws/stor...isiana-air-force-one  

I thought this was pretty cool.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1995 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
VERY Cool....Our President is AWESOME! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Excellent! And I bet Trump interacted with all of them and their parents throughout the trip.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Those kids are going to win the "one up game" for the rest of their lives...."yeah, I won the LLWS and rode on Air force One when I was 12" Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Class act !

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
He had them on the stage last evening at the rally.
That was a great rally and he was in top form as usual

Posts: 22421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
#winning and #winning.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
#winning and #winning.

Took the words right out of my typing hands.

Q

Posts: 27625 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love this "outside the box" president.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before president Trump became president he didn't strike me as a genuinely decent person. He did seem like a no bullshit take no prisoners sort of guy. That's why I voted for him. The decent part is a real bonus for us all. A total class act.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The man just gets it. Bravo Mr. President

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I bet the Presidential Security Detail nearly had a collective heart attack.

Good on ya, Mr. President.

But those players, their parents, and about 14.57% of Louisianna will for the next hundred years tell that tale like they do "Damn the torpedoes...." except with more reverence.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you President Trump !!! Now I wonder how the evil media will try to spin this off in a negative matter like they always do Frown God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3094 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before president Trump became president he didn't strike me as a genuinely decent person.

Many people confused Business Trump with Person Trump. Most of those who knew him as a person knew he was a great guy, and many who never met the man learned that in their times of need. Many many stories out there.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15864 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Before president Trump became president he didn't strike me as a genuinely decent person.

Many people confused Business Trump with Person Trump. Most of those who knew him as a person knew he was a great guy, and many who never met the man learned that in their times of need. Many many stories out there.

I remember a story back about 10 years ago about Jennifer Hudson was being threatened. Trump offered her to stay at Trump Tower for free with security for as long as she wanted. Of course now when you try to research it on liberal leftist places like snopes in 2016 they claim it is only 1/2 true or some BS like that. There are many other things that Trump did before he was president that showed he cared about people, etc. yet now when you try to research it, places like snopes, etc. will discredit it, etc. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3094 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with my nephew in Louisiana and he said there was little or no coverage by the newspapers or TV. Those kids deserved better than that from their home state media.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post