SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA Personal Checks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Personal Checks Login/Join 
and this little pig said:
posted
My personal checks were purchased in quantity a few years ago. They have an American flag in the background with "NRA" to the left of my name. My wife would like to purchase like checks, but I have been unable to find a source. Can you folks help me?
It's possible that, with the backlash against the NRA, this company (don't know the name) has dropped the NRA endorsement. I've been able to find the same American flag background, but without the "NRA" name.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Odin

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This was posted elsewhere back in March.

quote:
I went through the NRA phone tree today and sat on hold two different times. I finally talked to someone who confirmed they would not be doing NRA bank checks anymore. They were pretty tight lipped with information but it sounded more like a lack of volume issue verses a printer being an ass issue.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please, please read a book or watch the public television show called "Stealing your life"
by Frank Abagnale.

regarding check writing and debit card use these days.

https://www.amazon.com/Stealin...agnale/dp/0786160837

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You could print your own checks.

There are a few Windows programs to do this. When I was a Windows user, I used VersaCheck.

Now, on Mac, I use CheckBuilder Pro.

Blank check paper is pretty inexpensive. You add your own boilerplate and artwork and just blast checks out, as needed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31446 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
You can design your own check logos and have the checks printed up by lots of companies. Just need the bank name, routing and account numbers on them. I used a photo I took for a run of checks years ago. I'm sure you could do the same or even make one with an American flag and NRA logo on it, assuming there are no copyright issues with that.

Posts: 3691 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your replies. Not sure how I will proceed from here!
Odin

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
You can design your own check logos and have the checks printed up by lots of companies.

Apparently it's always been possible.

Back in the 70's my best friends Dad... a fairly large scale farmer but a curious sort, and paranoid, had accounts at three different banks so that no one could know all his business. He had only one version of check printed up with all three bank names and account / routing numbers on it so he didn't have to carry three versions.
When he wrote a check he circled the desired account and marked through the other two, it worked, he wrote me one once and no questions asked when I cashed it.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Walmart showed up when I googled custom artwork checks so apparently they would be available at lots of places.
http://www.walmartchecks.com/c...xOf:20180504032144:s

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post