SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sleep talkers ,yeah people talking in their sleep
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleep talkers ,yeah people talking in their sleep Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Do you have to coordinate what all of you are going to watch on TV each night, to avoid overlapping soundtracks?

Big Grin

The absolute worst thing that goes on between the four of us is that
One lady can not grasp the task of sorting recyclables.

So we have to check the recycle bin for B.S. that does not belong in there.

Get this
They have not raised my rent, ever.
I am paying mid 90's rent.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck dealing with that situation.

Sleep-wise:

I have had night terrors 3-4 times in my life, after the first (which was beyond terrifying), I researched them and the second time I KNEW/recognized what was happening and which is why, I think, it was not nearly as bad...maybe a decade since last one.

Ever share a room with a person who slept with his/her eyes only partially closed during sleep? Weird. A few times he slept with this eyes mostly open. Deep sleep looks like they are dead and staring into nothingness...

A former friend's brother was a very active sleep walker. Sometimes he'd be locked into his room. He was wealthy and had a house deep in the woods and overlooking a huge gorge. He was found dead at the bottom one morning, he might have been 40 or so. So I was told by his brother.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Years ago my wife was a fan of a blog called Sleep Talking Man or something like that. She would record him most every night and post it. Nothing of a terror or bad nature this guy was really funny or just completely incoherent.

http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/

Posts: 7541 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
After 35 years of apt. Living ,
She's one of the best neighbors a guy could hope to find.
I am not expressing displeasure ,
Just never experienced anyone babbling in their sleep , continuously before.

That's a new one.

As a pre teen, Both my sister and mom used to walk in their sleep about once a year each.

She says the same thing about you talking and yelling in your sleep.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twice !

It only happened twice

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
An ex-GF of mine talks in her sleep. She told me that when she was a teenager her father would question her while she was sleeping, and she told him about all of her shenanigans.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I am wondering if it might be a side effect of a change in life style.

She gave up her car and driving last June.
And
Is spending about 33% more time in her apartment.

Maybe cabin fever is causing this behavior?

A big change in the availability of stimulus .

The only friends she used to socialize with are in assisted living or nursing homes.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I don't talk aloud in my sleep but I do wake up laffin' like a drain.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I don't think Expert308 still knows his ex-GF current lifestyle changes.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12432 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I had an interesting experience last night. A strange dream that I was in some sort of bed in some hospital or other type of institution. A larger ominous dark figure walked by the open door, then turned back and entered the room. Their face was covered and out of view, their body was dark but had some sort of outer flowing garment like a cloak. They came right up to the bed and stood there. I thought for sure I was in immanent danger, so I would strike first. I made a strange whimpering noise trying to draw them closer, then tried to yell and punch them in the stomach. When I went to yell I felt like I was suffocating and the yell was a weak muffled sound, but I punched anyway. Their body was soft and cushioned the blow.

The sound of my "yell" and my hand hitting woke me up. The reason I felt like I couldn't breath or yell was I was asleep lol. My neck problem has been bothering me, so I slept with a small thin pillow, but I'd propped my normal one up on the bed against the wall. That's what I'd punched. Once I was more awake I realized the navy blue pillow case leaning against the wall, with my shadow cast against it, looked exactly like what I was seeing in my dream. A dark figure standing next to the bed with a cloak of lighter color around it.

The strangest part about that isn't that I tried to yell in my sleep, or that I punched in my sleep, but that I saw it in my sleep, which obviously means my eyes were open.

Far from the first time that's happened, that was a big deal with the night terrors. After I'd be fully awake, having turned the lights on and back off again, I'd be laying there thinking "I'll be damned if that still doesn't look exactly like someone standing there." Strange stuff.

Posts: 21111 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wife does it occasionally, has a bad dream, you can't really tell all the time what she's screaming or more of a muffled yelling. A few taps on her side or shoulder and she stops, generally a bad dream she's having.

Posts: 23524 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I don't think Expert308 still knows his ex-GF current lifestyle changes.

You could very well be right, who knows for sure? Big Grin

She moved to Texas a few months ago but we actually still keep in contact. Her youngest daughter has, over the years, become the "daughter I never had".

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post