SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did Dems Remain Seated ?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Did Dems Remain Seated ? Login/Join 
posted
SNOPES is declaring that the internet buzz about Sanders, Wasserman-Schultz, and Ellison remaining seated and not clapping during the moving tribute to Ryan Owens and his wife is "FALSE".

The thing with SNOPES, as I have noted before, they will bend over backwards to promote the "liberal narrative".

So let's review NBC's own video of the speech:

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/w...ongress-887055939741

It is already known that wasserman-Schutz and Ellison were sitting at the edge of the group wearing the all-white "protest" dresses. Their position is important in subsequent video analysis.

Note that the rousing applause beins at 49:48.
At 50:04 Sanders is already sitting down only a maximum of 16 seconds after the applause for Ryan/Mrs. Owens has begun.
Debbie Wasserman-Schulz and Keith Ellison were noted sitting in the section that had all the "White-dress" protestors in earlier shots. That section is conspicuously absent from any of NBC's scanning shots of the crowd, until 51:21 when they quickly pan over that section. It is hard to make out individuals in quick pan, but they were ALL CLEARLY NOT STANDING OR APPLAUDING, while the rest of the crowd was persisting in tribute applause and even starting to break out into cheers.

So IF THEY EVER STOOD, it was extremely brief, just like Sanders.

It is absolutely crystal clear, from NBC's own video, that Wasserman-Schultz, Sanders, and Ellison were conspicuously refraining from joining in to the respectful tribute towards Owens and his wife, even if they might have stood for a second and clapped once or twice. That is why Snopes could label the claim that they didn't stand or clap as "false".

The clear video evidence shows us all we need to know about those despicable bastards.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Detailed debunking of the Snopes nonsense in this article with full video and photo backup:

Sorry Liberals, Ellison and DWS Remained Seated During Roughy Two-Minute Standing Ovation Honoring Fallen Navy SEAL's Widow

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem. Thanks a lot Snopes.

We will tell you what you saw!!! Mad

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They have been given enough rope. Now they are hanging themselves.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Snopes continues to play a partisan version of 'political autoerotic asphyxia' wherein they strive to avoid publicly hanging themselves completely while increasing their sense of stimulation as close to knotty reality as possible, before issuing denials and clarifications.

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Snopes "quibbles." That is, they seize on a minor or extraneous detail and build their argument on it.

As example:

"Claim: Hillary Clinton successfully defended an accused child rapist and later laughed about the case.

MOSTLY FALSE
WHAT’S TRUE: In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Rodham was appointed to represent a defendant charged with raping a 12-year-old girl. Clinton reluctantly took on the case, which ended with a plea bargain for the defendant.

WHAT’S FALSE: Hillary Clinton did not volunteer to be the defendant’s lawyer, she did not laugh about the the case’s outcome, she did not assert that the complainant “made up the rape story,” she did not claim she knew the defendant to be guilty, and she did not “free” the defendant."
https://ethicsalarms.com/2016/...oure-dead-to-me-now/

Notice the difference between the claim and snopes judgement.

1. She was appointed to the case. Snopes debunks that she did not "volunteer." A fact that isn't n the claim.

2. The case was ended with a plea bargain. Snopes says she didn't "free" the defendant." Again the claim says nothing about freeing the defendant.

3. The case was settled with the plea bargain. That is the defendant pleaded "guilty." Snopes judgement is that Clinton did not "claim to know the defendant was guilty." Snopes is asking us to believe that Clinton allowed her client to plead guilty in open court when she didn't know he was guilty.

4. Snopes quibbles when it states "she did not laugh about the the case’s outcome." This suggests the laughter was immediately after the case ended. However the claim stated "and later laughed about the case." Did she laugh?

"In 2014, the Washington Free Beacon published the audio of an interview that Arkansas reporter Roy Reed conducted with Clinton in the 1980s. In the interview, Clinton recalls some unusual details of the rape case, and she can be heard laughing in three instances, beginning with a joke she makes about the accuracy of polygraphs.

Clinton: Of course he claimed he didn’t. All this stuff. He took a lie detector test. I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs. [laughs]"
http://freebeacon.com/politics...wly-unearthed-tapes/

Return to the claim: "Claim: Hillary Clinton successfully defended an accused child rapist and later laughed about the case." What is false about it?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Snopes is run by two hardcore leftists and they will RUSH to debunk ANYTHING that may cast Democrats in a negative light. They've been proven to be wrong over and over.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Snopes is run by two hardcore leftists and they will RUSH to debunk ANYTHING that may cast Democrats in a negative light. They've been proven to be wrong over and over.

Yup. People need to realize this fact!

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is absolutely crystal clear, from NBC's own video, that Wasserman-Schultz, Sanders, and Ellison were conspicuously refraining from joining in to the respectful tribute towards Owens and his wife, even if they might have stood for a second and clapped once or twice.

What is absolutely crystal clear is that Dems are ignorant self absorbed fuckwits who lack any common sense or patriotism.
I would have more respect for them* if they showed up drunk and took turns puking on the floor throughout the speech.

* just kidding....there's no way I could have any respect for these short bus window lickers.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Snopes is not, and really has never been, the "be-all-and-end-all" of fact checking that people have made it out to be, even to the point of making them an awkward verb (to "snope" it).

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Fuc% scopes I watched the bitches sit like a bunch of stooges.
they are in the tank just like cnbc and the lot.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dont let the real point of this get lost in your indignation, which is that the leftists now feel the need to defend against the actions of their own in this matter. They're on the defensive about it. IOW, they know they made a mistake, and they know that we know it, too.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dont let the real point of this get lost in your indignation, which is that the leftists now feel the need to defend against the actions of their own in this matter. They're on the defensive about it. IOW, they know they made a mistake, and they know that we know it, too.

Exactly. I saw Erin Burnett on CNN interviewing DWS. Danky barely got to talk because Burnett was breathlessly making the case that the claims against DWS were false. I could just picture the conversation on the phone the night before:

DWS: This looks bad we need need to do something.
CNN: Don't worry. Come on Erin's show and she'll take care of everything.
DWS: Thanks. I knew you'd be there for me.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post