SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help Please - Moen shower cartridge replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Please - Moen shower cartridge replacement Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Okay, first - I replaced the Taco hot water recirculating cartridge. Pretty easy albeit expensive part. The original cartridge didn't have ANY fins left. Basically spinning w/out moving any water. I had a few fin chips in the pump but I'm guessing everything else is in the water heater.

Help! I replaced the Moen shower faucet cartridge (single lever Posi-Temp type). The previous cartridge was working but at a lower temperature.

I think I installed the new cartridge correctly - seated well, no leakage, HC on top (just like before).

But when the lever is in the Off position, water is flowing. It gets hotter as I turn the lever counter clockwise until about 12:00 when the water shuts off. Then turning the lever some more will allow water to flow again (cold) until the lever is at the (normally full hot) 9:00 position.

Help - what did I do wrong? How do I fix? Or is the cartridge faulty? I'm going to try to search for this but if anyone can help more quickly, appreciated!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Never mind. Found it. Figured it out and fixed.

Apparently there is a bevel on one side of the cartridge knob and it needs to be facing down when I install the parts back.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post