SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Robert Guillaume dead at 89 RIP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Robert Guillaume dead at 89 RIP Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...-dies-at-age-89.html

I always liked him, he had a certain class about him, I thought.

Posts: 12233 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I remember watching Benson in my 9-12 age. I always enjoyed the rational man (Benson) amongst fools aspect of that sitcom. Benson was a great straight man character.

Then he was in that made for t.v. movie as the tough but fair, but mostly tough principle that helped a bad ghetto school become functional. What minor detail in that movie I remember is that Ethan Phillips who was on Benson, also had a minor part in the movie. I am not sure how much Robert Guillaume had to do with it, but I always suspected he took care of his friends. He seemed like a decent guy.

R.I.P. Mr. Guillaume.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I had no idea he was that old.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Loved him on Soap. RIP Sir.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
RIP Benson.

Posts: 1514 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Loved him on Soap. RIP Sir.

I remember him in this the most and way his character would pick on Billy Crystal's (the gay guy) and the crazy/senile lady.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
RIP, absolutely loved him on Soap.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I once was on business in LA and had the priviledge of listening him play the Phantom in Phantom of Opera. The man could sing and he had a certain stage presence.

The fact that he was the first black man to play the role was really lost on the audience because his singing was so good to the point where you were suddenly immersed into the character and story and forgot who was playing the phantom.

Posts: 4249 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he was awesome on Soap

'you want me to get that?' was always one of his best lines

RIP

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I met him once....sort of.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
This makes me kinda sad. I mean I didn’t know him but he had talent, presence and really seemed like a good man. He Just always seemed classy. I am sure one person or another thought he was a bastard but I am sure that is the case with all of us. RIP.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I really liked him in both Soap and Benson. RIP

Posts: 246 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP

Benson was one of my favorite shows growing up and I still watch it today on METV or TVland, (I cannot remember).

I always liked his character on the show, he had class, poise, etc..

I have always heard he was very talented and I want to say that I saw him on tv singing and he had a great voice and range.

Guillaume died on October 24, 2017, at his home in Los Angeles, California, from prostate cancer at the age of 89, a month before his 90th birthday.

A great life and career.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I had also kinda forgot about him. Really liked him, classy! RIP.....

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post