SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need new Stove - is Induction worth it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new Stove - is Induction worth it? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My wife wants one. We have gas now. I always liked gas - in case power goes out, we can still eat.

My daughters best friend from college has a kitchen remodeling business in Chicago. She said almost all of her clients (over 20 yrs in business) who have tried induction have been dissappointed with it.

So I am still on the fence!

Posts: 585 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
We put a range/oven combo in our most recent home as the homebuilder did not plumb the range for gas. Why I'm not sure, but seems to be a KS thing. While it's not quite as quick/responsive as gas, it's about 95% as good. Which compared to pure electric is still a lot better.

This is our specific range/oven. I'm the one to use it mostly and have been very pleased with it. The added bonus of the double oven setup has been great for a big family while making meals. We use the smaller/upper oven a ton for the quick stuff like garlic bread or frozen chicken nuggets, etc. They make the cooktop version of this as well.

^^^ This is the exact one we ended up buying.
It was a bit cheaper at Costco and it is due to be delivered in a few days.
Liked the double oven as well, don't care about the wi-fi stuff but everyone is trying to get into the act now days.

I think you're going to like it. 1.5 years later and I still enjoy it. I'd still rather have a dual fuel gas range/electric oven, but this works for now.

quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
My wife wants one. We have gas now. I always liked gas - in case power goes out, we can still eat.

My daughters best friend from college has a kitchen remodeling business in Chicago. She said almost all of her clients (over 20 yrs in business) who have tried induction have been dissappointed with it.

So I am still on the fence!

If the choice is between gas and induction, gas all day long. But if it's between induction and electric, I'll take induction.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would very much like to upgrade our old electric cooktop to an induction unit. But I need a downdraft model. Can anybody suggest a 30 inch induction downdraft cooktop?

Thanks.
-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post