SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    know it all people
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

know it all people Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ignores the thread and walks away.....

Did it work?

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
We have two know-it-alls in my office. We started a game where we set up topics of conversations where we know they will disagree with each other and then sit back and watch them go at it. It’s hilarious that they have no clue they are being used for our amusement.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depends too much on the situation:

general public / doesn't matter? ignore them

with customers ? let them get the last word and take their business

had a boss once who said : why worry about winning the argument when the point is to get the business. he was right.

family members? pick your battles Smile

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few coworkers like this.

One that I have to work with each day. Whenever the need to interact arises, I proceed the conversation with, "What is your opinion on this...?". That way, they get their need to be heard. Then I politely thank them and move along. Early on, I offended him for not doing as he said. I reminded him that I asked for his opinion and that I make my own decisions with various information sources. Now we get along great, even if we don't see things the same way.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The whole “Last Word Phenomena” is the reason I gave up Facebook during the 2016 election.

Too many “experts” who knew absolutely zero.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6324 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
"It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so."
(Mark Twain and/or Will Rogers)

Posts: 9523 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post