SIGforum
SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7040029334

December 02, 2017, 06:48 PM
jimb888
SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Great thread, I know that the forum has a lot of police on it. It's nice to let them know once in a while how 99% of us feel at least 99.8% of the time. We appreciate what you do, thanks!
December 02, 2017, 08:32 PM
Thank you.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.
December 02, 2017, 08:35 PM
RHINOWSO
Thank you to all for the hard and often thankless job.
December 02, 2017, 09:41 PM
Johnny 3eagles
The officers today have an extremely difficult and dangerous job, and I'm so glad I pulled the pin in 2001. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those wearing the badge now. Even at my age, I still adress these young guys as Sir.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
December 02, 2017, 10:12 PM
smschulz
Yes we do!

December 02, 2017, 10:34 PM
PCWyoming
Thank you to all LEOs for all you do.
Oldest son is a Deputy Sheriff in Los Angeles county.
Have 2 nephews in Law Enforcement. One of them has two sons in Law Enforcement.

PC
December 03, 2017, 10:46 AM
Ed Fowler
I worked in law enforcement for 12 years,deputy sheriff and city police. I loved every moment, each day was like opening day of hunting season. As much challenge as you want and there is always much to be learned.

I would have gladly worked for nothing, but they actually paid me to live my dream.

The intrinsic rewards of the job itself were more than I could have asked for.

There are good officers and there are the others, we do neither any favors when we do not watch and provide positive and negative criticism when we as citizens feel the need.
October 18, 2018, 08:52 AM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by submoa:
A VERY heartfelt THANKS Para.....

Indeed!!!!

My personal view of those who physically attack/kill a police officer should be publicly dispalyed. Hanging from a lamp post. Instead they MIGHT get sent to a prison where they will be celebrated as some kind of hero.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
October 18, 2018, 09:11 AM
striker1
Thank-you from a family with several generations of law enforcement.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

October 18, 2018, 09:31 AM
Leemur
My cousin that lives beside my mother is a retired NC state trooper. That job was hard on him and his life but he couldn’t conceive of doing anything else. Even after retirement he is still basically a LEO. The road is a dead end and he keeps an eye on the coming and going of any vehicles he doesn’t recognize. It’s just in his blood. I rest easier knowing he’s right there if my mother or other family members further down the road need him.

LEOs you’re crazy for wanting that job and I’m glad you’re doing it.
October 18, 2018, 10:07 AM
rsbolo
Thanks for the solemn reminder Para. God bless our officers.

October 18, 2018, 10:09 AM
molachi
I appreciate and respect all LEO's.
October 18, 2018, 10:25 AM
Todd Huffman
Thank you Para.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
October 18, 2018, 10:28 AM
BGULL
Amen, this sentiment cannot be expressed enough.

Bill Gullette
October 18, 2018, 10:39 AM
MikeinNC
Another brother down yesterday in NC.

NCSHP B551

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
October 18, 2018, 11:10 AM
Klusk2
Very moving. Not sure if other agencies us the 10-1 call (Emergency) @ 0:14 seconds into video, but that is a familiar call for us in Chicago. I heard that and my heart started to pound like a racehorse. I have heard that many times over the years and it chills me to my core. Thank you Para for this video and a hearty thanks to all members as there is no place I'd rather be, this place truly is special.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."
October 18, 2018, 01:10 PM
Greymann
Video is a reminder what a hard dangerous job LEO's have. I appreciate their work.
October 18, 2018, 01:23 PM
depusm12
Para

Thanks for all the support from my fellow forum members from a grateful LEO. Could you post a web link to that video?

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful
October 18, 2018, 01:25 PM
parabellum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdDzOOUX1Sg

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
October 18, 2018, 02:02 PM
barsad0
Thank you for the support!