SIGforum
SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7040029334

June 17, 2020, 07:23 PM
BDA220
SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Thanks to all who serve. My son is deputy sheriff, fortunately somewhere with sanity.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM
June 17, 2020, 08:15 PM
southernmaninla
Be safe Atlanta area. Police in 4 out of 6 zones of the city have walked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown
June 19, 2020, 12:46 PM
TomV
Posted by my Nephew's partner - Santa Cruz, CA.

June 19, 2020, 01:10 PM
RFSALES
I picked this patch up at 5.11 store last week.

June 19, 2020, 01:32 PM
bendable
Steve Seagal is a L.e.o. in LA Eek

He has his own show on tv.

says he's been one for 20 years !

Who Knew ?
Steven Seagal: lawman

https://www.reelz.com/lawman/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
June 19, 2020, 02:19 PM
az4783054
If you google "steven seagal maricopa county", you'll see that Seagal was also an honorary MCSO Deputy under Arpaio.

As I recall, anything that he participated in, coincidentally Arpaio and the media were there.
June 19, 2020, 03:25 PM
az4783054
The Line of Duty Deaths for US law enforcement that I previously quoted from an OAN report may not have been up to date. (Covid-19 deaths are included in the link).

109 officers have died so far this year.
https://www.odmp.org/search/year

36 more deaths than this time last year, up 49% overall.
June 19, 2020, 03:35 PM
darthfuster
Saw an officer the other day in service in a perilous circumstance I would not expose myself to. He had his head on a swivel but it was impossible to do his work without danger. I drove on wishing I could acknowledge and thank him. So I’ll do it here. Thank you, sir. And thank you to all of your fellow officers across the nation.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
June 22, 2020, 01:26 PM
erj_pilot
Another version of Paul Harvey's "Policeman"...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
June 25, 2020, 08:18 AM
recoatlift
Another bump to say thank you to all Leo’s & all 1st responders. Nothing but true respect here.
God Bless!
July 02, 2020, 02:23 PM
chellim1
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
Wait for it...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278490496772583426

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
July 02, 2020, 05:08 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
Wait for it...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278490496772583426

Now that right there just made my day! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
July 02, 2020, 06:11 PM
chbibc
100%

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
July 02, 2020, 10:11 PM
Live4real
Thanks to all LEO'S for making this world a better place. Prayers for all of you and your families.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope.
July 26, 2020, 07:24 PM
parabellum
Back to the top
July 26, 2020, 07:56 PM
IntrepidTraveler
For some reason, when I got to church this morning, I felt compelled to tell the cop on duty how much we appreciate him. (I'm not sure why he's there, but he, or another cop, are there every Sunday. Not sure if it's department policy, we ask him, or another reason.)

His response was that he is hearing it more and more these days, but it's never enough. It made me feel good that cops are hearing that the vast majority of us support them in these times.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
July 26, 2020, 08:43 PM
flashguy
Heartily concur. My best friend is a LEO, so I do hear some of what they encounter daily. We need the police more than ever before.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
July 26, 2020, 08:54 PM
ontmark
I back the Badge

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck
July 26, 2020, 10:27 PM
Scoutmaster
How challenging it must be for a LEO today, getting in tight circumstances, realizing damned if you do and maybe dead if you don't.

Hopefully not a drift, but how can liberals today really believe we will have greater liberty, justice, and peace, if we defund the police??

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
July 27, 2020, 01:11 AM
gw3971
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
How challenging it must be for a LEO today, getting in tight circumstances, realizing damned if you do and maybe dead if you don't.

Hopefully not a drift, but how can liberals today really believe we will have greater liberty, justice, and peace, if we defund the police??

They don't think that. The left destroys everything they touch. Their goal is destruction and they do it better than any other groups.