SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WAWA coming to a state where you Live!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WAWA coming to a state where you Live! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Also going to compete w travel stores like Pilot Buc-ee's etc.

NEW JERSEY — Hold onto your hoagies. As Wawa embarks on an aggressive push to expand, with plans to bring "travel centers" to existing markets, which could mean larger stores in New Jersey.

CEO Chris Gheysens described the travel centers as "Wawa on steroids" during the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia's 2023 Economic Outlook on Jan. 13. While they won't have overnight accommodations, the centers will include offerings targeting "light-duty vehicles" carrying travelers and some single-day commercial truckers, the Philadelphia Business Journal reports.

Gheysens first hinted at opening travel centers last April, telling the Business Journal that the company plans to nearly double its store count and operate about 1,800 locations by 2030. The plan involves new locations in existing markets and expansion into new states.

The opening of travel centers will likely take five years, a Wawa spokesperson told NBC10 Philadelphia. The facilities will be bigger than typical Wawa stores and located in more high-profile locations on major highways, such as Interstate 95, which has a lengthy stretch in the Garden State.

The average Wawa store is roughly 4,000 square feet. While the company hasn't estimated the size of any travel centers, the plan could put Wawa more in line with southern chain Buc-ee's, known for its mega travel centers.

Interested in local real estate?Subscribe to Patch's new newsletter to be the first to know about open houses, new listings and more.
kaytipie@cbddispensaryshop.com
Let's go!
Buc-ee's holds the world record for the largest convenience store — a 66,335-square-foot facility in New Braunfels, Texas. The store, which is larger than a football field, features 120 gas pumps, 83 toilets and a wider selection of goods available than a typical Wawa. The average Buc-ee's is 35,000 square feet.

Wawa operates about 950 stores, located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Florida and Washington, D.C. The business plans to open locations in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio and Tennessee.

Warning they are very lib and anti-gun. They posted "State Law: EVERYONE entering MUST wear a mask. There WAS no State Law, it was a Governor mandate. I will not go there.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to steal Wawa’s thunder but
In n Out is moving south

https://www.wate.com/news/tenn...-bill-lee-announces/

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a lot of WaWa's here in Virginia and I go to them often. I have not noticed any no firearm signs in the ones I go to, but then again I am not looking for them and legally carry concealed Smile. Next time I go I will check and update this post. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3056 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While these large "public entertainment" gas stations are exciting (we have a few in Alabama) I really enjoy the Mom n Pop's that have the hidden food treasures, sporting goods, and butcheries.

If you know...you know.

I guess Wawa is just falling all the transplants that move down here after everything they have touched in other places has turned to crap. Just my $0.02.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Freeking WAWA. My corporate HQ is in NJ and it is amazing at best how crazy the Locals are for WAWA. Just another Quik Trip as far as I’m concerned.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just to show how popular and how insanely well Wawa is doing, I just saw a news story about how they are going to tear an old hardware store near me on Rt 100 in Gilbertsville PA down and build a new Chick-fil-A and a Wawa. There’s a Wawa literally like 1 mile away!

I’m a Wawa boy, born and bred. None of that Sheetz BS for me. Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Freeking WAWA. My corporate HQ is in NJ and it is amazing at best how crazy the Locals are for WAWA. Just another Quik Trip as far as I’m concerned.

Not in these parts, not IMO or experience. WAWA reinvented the gas station and C store as we know it. Seems like the folks who want to compete have stepped up their game.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I had a damned good fresh made sub at one in FL, QT can't touch that

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Wawa fanatic
Especially from 2001 to 2017 when I lived/worked in Virginia/MD

When we relocated to NC my cravings fell off for the most part.

I did spent the last month and a half at my parents place in Florida and the zeal has somewhat came back.

A few years ago they switched their coffee and I became less than a fan.

For some reason I love their pretzels.
The other half is heading to Richmond tomorrow, and I already asked her to get me a Chicken Fiesta burrito and a couple of pretzels from wawa.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just to show how popular and how insanely well Wawa is doing, I just saw a news story about how they are going to tear an old hardware store near me on Rt 100 in Gilbertsville PA down and build a new Chick-fil-A and a Wawa. There’s a Wawa literally like 1 mile away!

I’m a Wawa boy, born and bred. None of that Sheetz BS for me. Big Grin
Any new Wawa being built around here in lower Bucks, they are selling beer now, and they have tables for you to sit down and drink your beer.

Any new Wawa being built also sells gas. They are putting them within eyesight of older stores. In some cases they are keeping the old stores too.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I've never been. I hear of these fictional gas station places like Buckee's? or Wawa? and I've no idea what you all talk'n about.

Sit down beer and pretzels at a gas station? Sounds like fiction.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I had a damned good fresh made sub at one in FL, QT can't touch that

What is this “sub” you speak of?

Wawa makes hoagies!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:

A few years ago they switched their coffee and I became less than a fan.

I was not aware they had ever switched their coffee? I’ve never been a fan of it, it’s not that it’s not good quality or fresh. It just has an acrid flavor that I don’t care for, I don’t know why.

Their soft pretzels LOOK great but have a weird sweetness to them I don’t like. A true Philly soft pretzel is not sweet like that.

They started pushing burgers a year or so ago trying to compete with the Five Guys and Red Robin burgers and I tried one and found it not at all bad but I’m never thinking “I’m going to stop at Wawa and grab a burger!” Nope. It’s get gas and get a breakfast sandwich or a hoagie.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I go visit my folks in NJ and friends in PA a lot, so I love Wawa. I hope we get it in AZ. It's way better than QT. But then QT in Phoenix has turned into a hangout for bums, beggars, drug addicts, etc. I don't know how Wawa will keep those losers away. But if they can do it, I'll never go to a QT again.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Oh, please. Give me a Sheetz any day over Wawa. Based on the ones around here (which are very popular), they are NOT ready for prime time - not in that market.

Consistency and predictability are not words I would associate with Wawa, particularly where their made to order stuff is concerned. Random availability of menu items and ingredients combined with a back-end POS system that routinely creates disparities between what is “available” on the app vs. in the store, neither of which may accurately reflect what they actually have on hand, makes for a very frustrating experience.

Hell, even Rutters has them beaten in my opinion.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:

Their pretzels used to be really good. A few years back they changed vendors and the current pretzel supplier seems to think that there is a world-wide shortage of salt.

They used to be something like this:

Now, they seem to have about three specks of salt. Mostly just plain dough.
'Nother complaint: WaWa store policy is, if there are more than three customers waiting in line to pay, open another register. Never happens. There are frequently a dozen or more people in line for one register, at the local stores.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
They make a pretty decent sandwich. I actually really like their fries.

The best part about then around here is that they make food 24 hours a day. One of their sandwiches is way better than a McDonald’s burger at 2am.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
WAWAs have sprung up like bamboo around here. Within 10 miles I can think of seven of the damned things.

WAWA has a special meaning for me.

In Liberia, and other countries on the African Gold Coast, when some west African Deus ex machina witch comes along and stops you dead in the water, blocking you from going forward not by an obstackle, but thermonuclear idiocy, ignorance, and irrationality you are at West Africa Wins Again.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
I'm so hungry, I could eat a sandwich from a gas station.

Posts: 693 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I haven't been inside a gas station in a decade, but the large chain ones are being built at breakneck speed around me, so someone is patronizing frequently.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post