SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LA Angels Honor Pitcher Tyler Skaggs Last Night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LA Angels Honor Pitcher Tyler Skaggs Last Night Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
On a night when the entire ball club wore Skaggs’ name and number on their jerseys, two pitchers no-hit the Mariners while the Angels hung 13 on them.

Skaggs’ mother threw the first pitch, a strike, to start the game. Pretty emotional.

A couple videos in this LA Times story really give you a feeling for the night. Tyler Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room on July 1. Cause of death has not been made public.

LA Times story and videos

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I read that and couldn't even get past the first sentence, when reading it back to my wife, without tearing up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cause of death has not been made public.
Man, I love this game, and what happened to Skaggs is indeed unfortunate, but I think if I were the Angel's owner, I might have waited on this 'tribute' for a bit until the aforementioned question had been answered. Much like what happened with Jose Fernandez (Marlins), when the cause of and circumstances that led up to his death became known, it became a bit hard to feel sympathy for his situation. And for the record, I sincerely hope Skaggs death is not attributable to drugs or alcohol or any other self inflicted circumstances.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post