SIGforum
Nothing to see here. Move Along (Tonga volcano spews enough water to fill 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools into stratosphere)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7020088394

August 04, 2022, 10:28 AM
SIGnified
Nothing to see here. Move Along (Tonga volcano spews enough water to fill 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools into stratosphere)
No one talks about the termites in the Amazon who create way more CO2 than farting cattle.

Not that the carbonated earth is a bad thing… Wink

FWIW… Water vapor is a far more significant IR trapping gas than CO2 by orders of magnitude.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
August 04, 2022, 06:59 PM
flesheatingvirus
I hope it means more snow for me this year.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
August 04, 2022, 09:36 PM
goose5
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
No one talks about the termites in the Amazon who create way more CO2 than farting cattle.

Not that the carbonated earth is a bad thing… Wink

FWIW… Water vapor is a far more significant IR trapping gas than CO2 by orders of magnitude.

Termites 50 billion tons per year. Bovine 50 million tons.

August 05, 2022, 05:39 PM
sgalczyn
Nothing a nuke and a bunch of JB-Weld can't fix!

"No matter where you go - there you are"
August 05, 2022, 06:29 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

All the more reason to log the shit out of that rainforest. Big Grin

It must be so confusing to be a commie.