SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VA members-how long did it take
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VA members-how long did it take Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
to get your CCP approval? My wife and I took our applications directly to the circuit court in FF County over a month ago. They were already notarized. Got a receipt for the $100 processing fee and have been waiting ever since.

Is there a mandatory time frame for the jurisdiction to act? Somewhere I heard 45 days but not sure.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
They have 45 days. My experience with Fairfax county when I lived up there, they took pretty much all of that 45 days.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I thought this thread was about Veterans...

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Fairfax takes all 45 days.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have never had any trouble and I found the people to be nice. They even put the permit in a plastic cover after I signed it back when you had to pick them up at the Court House.

The last ones seemed like they mailed the permit to me.

Since this is your first one, I imagine it will take the full 45 days depending on how busy they are.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 41,

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It varies widely by county. Fairfax and some others will drag it out to the legal limit. Others are very quick. In PWC it took under two weeks (plus our county board dropped the fee from the maximum of $50 to the minimum allowed fee of $15.)
If you brought it in in person you didn't need to get it notarized, you just sign it as they witness it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought this thread was about Veterans.

Me too.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
When I applied for the first time in PWC back in 2008 it took about 28 days, when I renewed it was 16 days.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
When I applied for the first time in PWC back in 2008 it took about 28 days, when I renewed it was 16 days.

Don't remember how long it took in PWC the first time, but I am pretty sure it was less than 28 days. Last couple of renewals were surprisingly quick. AIR, the last one was instant, but may be confused.

I will be able to comment more in about 4 months when I have to renew again.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
In Loudoun, first time was under a month, and renewals have come back in about 2-3 weeks. I've heard FF co takes their time.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeara ago my original took 44 days. The clerk told me to expect that. The last time I renewed I believe they gave it to me right there. Can't remember, had it quick though. Seema the first time you go for it takes a while from everyone I've talked too.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I thought this thread was about Veterans.

Me too.

Yup, misleading title.

I thought it was going to be about disability status.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Virginia Beach, took less than 2 weeks. More like 10 days. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post