SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Getting rid of underground yellow jackets
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting rid of underground yellow jackets Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Used the foaming wasp spray in the evening, douching the heck out of the hole a few hours after dark. Then, because I believe in overkill, I used the excavator to compact the heck out of the immediate area around the opening. A roughly 4’ x 4’ area smashed down 8-10”.

Posts: 7041 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
gallon of latex paint right over the opening works every time.

Posts: 5674 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28587 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I noticed an underground yellow jacket nest in my yard this morning and need to get rid of it ASAP. What's the best way to get rid of them? Someone mentioned pouring gas into the hole but,Id rather not do that....

This is what has always worked for me. I can’t say I haven’t lit it before for the fun of watching those cruel hate machines burn up.

Why not? Go out after sunset and pour just 1 teaspoon of gasoline in the hole, then close the hole over with your foot or a small wad of paper. The fumes kill the whole nest.

I was thinking I'd have to ignite the gas, didn't realize I just needed a small amount and the fumes would do the rest. Im going to try and go with water and dish detergent and if that doesn't work I'll try gas. Thanks

Posts: 6038 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post