SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archer - Rivalry reborn!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archer - Rivalry reborn! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
The kid's got AZ State Championships on October 21st and 22nd. We purposely haven't registered her yet since she's been trying to decide what age group to shoot in. She had decided to shoot up 2 full age divisions in Cadet valuing the challenge more than a greater chance of another state championship title.

That all changed tonight. Her friend and rival Amanda registered in her own division as a Cub. Amanda has been sidelined with a shoulder injury and has not shot in competition since the Arizona Cup last April. The two girls have been talking and conspiring and want to shoot against each other again. So our daughter will be shooting one division up in Cub.

These two girls have traded 1st and 2nd place in more tournaments than I can count and they'll be going at it again. Neither one likes to lose and they push each other, but more important they're the best of friends. This past spring at State Junior Olympic Championships Amanda couldn't shoot, but she was there all weekend spotting for our daughter and coaching her through the elimination rounds to a bronze finish in Cadet. I can't fault my kid for changing her mind and I respect her reasons for doing so. I'm just looking forward to watching the girls compete against each other again.

Ford vs. Chevy
Diamondbacks vs. Dodgers
Maya vs. Amanda

The two girls walking back from the firing line at Az Junior Olympic Championships. Not sure what the conversation was, but if Amanda can coach a 12 year old to a bronze finish against 16 year olds, it was a pretty damn effective conversation.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if Maya deciding to go with a different division would again see her in competition with her good friend. I think it's a great decision on Maya's part. She's still going to be pushed to improve but the fun level will be enhanced because she's got a good buddy right there with her.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
So let it be decided then! Looking forward to hearing about this one. Good luck Maya, I have a feeling this is going to be an epic showdown!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post