SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Show Login/Join 
posted
Just watched the Breitling aerobatics team do a practice run through of their show from my backyard. Later today the Thunder Birds should do a practice as well.

The only love that money can buy is a dog

Posts: 176 | Location: Space Coast Florida | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I have never been to a formal airshow but the Thunderbirds are in Oklahoma City next month and I think I will go check it out.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I saw the Breitling team last year at Miramar as the warm up act for the Blue Angels. Breitling fly their L-39's well, and show off the capabilities of the little Czech birds nicely.

Wait - I thought Breitling went back to Europe after the Huntington Beach Airshow last Fall - are you sure it isn't these guys?

http://airandspaceshow.com/patrouille-de-france/

The Frenchies fly the little Alpha jet - two motors instead of one

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
The French team is in town now, they were doing fly bys on NASA yesterday.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no idea there were other members here from melbourne. Pretty cool!

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched in amazement as a Chinook helicopter moved from right to left in front of the grandstand, while spinning in a counter clock wise direction.
then it stopped , changed the direction of the spin to clockwise ,while traveling in the other direction.

i was hoping to find a youtube of another Chinook doing the dance , but I can not find one

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correction it is not the Breitling team it is the french Air Force team.

The only love that money can buy is a dog

Posts: 176 | Location: Space Coast Florida | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're reading this and have never had the opportunity to see a military fighter jet perform, be it in the form of an F-16 Falcon from the Thunderbirds, or the Blue Angels' FA-18 Hornets, or an F-86 SuperSabre, or MIG-19, F-16 Eagle, or, a Harrier, or, or, or ....don't wait just go to an air show and experience it! Real sense of pride that they're on our side (well, most of them Smile ) but the skill involved, and what they can do.....unbelievable! And the sheer power involved.
Oh, I forgot...an F-104 Starfighter or a F-22 Raptor. My,oh my.
And Sun-n-Fun is coming to Lakeland next week! Yipeeee!

Posts: 828 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
I have never been to a formal airshow but the Thunderbirds are in Oklahoma City next month and I think I will go check it out.

Wings Of Freedom Tour is in OKC at Wiley Post Airport this weekend, featuring WW2 aircraft.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocky47:
Just watched the Breitling aerobatics team do a practice run through of their show from my backyard. Later today the Thunder Birds should do a practice as well.

Sounds like you have a good seat. "Position A"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post