SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    computer gurus, PDF experts, document guys, come on in !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

computer gurus, PDF experts, document guys, come on in ! Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
Can someone help me, I have an old PC and I have a word document I need formatted into a PDF file. I have to submit these as PDFs only and for the life of me can not get it done. Is there no utility to convert from word to pdf??

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Unless you have a really old version of Word, just open your document and choose “Save as” and hit the drop down and choose pdf.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That, or, using MS Word, open the document, select print, set printer to Microsoft Print to PDF, it will pop up a window and you can name it whatever you like, tell it to print to the desktop and you'll see your file as a PDF.

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what office version?
newer (2013+??) you can 'save as pdf' (it will save a pdf of how it would look printed). File->Save As, then when you select the file name/location, there is a drop-down for file type - see if pdf is available.

Most computers can print to pdf, but older ones might not have the software. CutePDF was free/easy for that, but it's been many years since I tried that.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
...as mentioned above ^^^^

quote:
Is there no utility to convert from word to pdf??

You can open in Word and Save-As PDF.
No additional program or app needed.

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
THANKS FELLAS I ILL TRYR THAT !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If you can't save the word document as a pdf file or print the document to pdf, you can use https://www.ilovepdf.com/

It offers many functions including converting Word to PDF. I've used it to edit pdfs or sign them. It's free.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19700 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's easy to make non-pdf's pdf's.

It's not easy to make pdf's non-pdf's.

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I use Libreoffice because it's free and it works. It allows documents to be exported as PDFs. I'm sure current Word allows this also.

So just load your doc into one of those, and export it as a PDF.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post
Even my "Word" from Office 2007 saves docs as PDFs

Posts: 175 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If worse comes to worse, my email is in my profile.

Assuming these are not too personal, feel free to email me (or likely any of us) and we can turn them around back to you pretty quickly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12346 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post