SIGforum
What would cause a bar of soap to spontaneously liquify over a fairly short period?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7000039954

August 14, 2019, 05:34 PM
sigmonkey
What would cause a bar of soap to spontaneously liquify over a fairly short period?
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
The soap in question came out of my travel kit and may have been a year old or so.

I think we found it.


You lye.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
August 14, 2019, 06:17 PM
kkina
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Does soap “expire” if you will?

I don't know, but it can absorb water over the course of a year, then basically fall apart quickly once in use.



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as one."
August 14, 2019, 06:19 PM
tatortodd
Do you spray your shower down with on of thise daily shower cleaner sprays?



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
August 14, 2019, 06:20 PM
kkina
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
The soap in question came out of my travel kit and may have been a year old or so.

I think we found it.


You lye.

Must you be so caustic?



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as one."
August 14, 2019, 06:52 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
The soap in question came out of my travel kit and may have been a year old or so.

I think we found it.


You lye.

Must you be so caustic?


Bar none...




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
August 14, 2019, 07:08 PM
ffips
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
...snip...

I think we found it.

You lye.

Must you be so caustic?

Bar none...

Dial it back...
August 14, 2019, 07:13 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Did you leave it in the Irish Spring?





Any dog can be a Guide Dog if you don't care where you're going.


NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
August 14, 2019, 08:15 PM
kkina
Oh, no no no. We could do this all night. I know when to quit. Cool



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as one."
August 14, 2019, 09:09 PM
cslinger
I never expected so much Zest from the group over a simple question. Razz


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
August 15, 2019, 05:48 AM
Fredward
Did you perhaps suffer a severe attack of flatulence in the shower? I once melted a shower curtain that way.
August 15, 2019, 08:26 AM
4859
Russia.


-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.
March 30, 2020, 04:56 AM
DustyHHZ
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Did you perhaps suffer a severe attack of flatulence in the shower? I once melted a shower curtain that way.


Can this happen if you're using liquid soap and shampoo? I heard that such stuff like paraben and various acids. According to this source this source, cheap products might cause hair loss and damage scalp, maybe that can harm a shower curtain as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DustyHHZ,
March 30, 2020, 05:10 AM
sybo
Gasoline!!!!!!!!!! No, sorry, it’s my pyromaniac side................ Eek
March 30, 2020, 07:50 AM
dynorat
This thread is circling the drain.


________________________________________________________
You never know...