SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am confused by this signature line
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am confused by this signature line Login/Join 
posted
Person name{she,her,hers}. Maybe I am just not awakened enough??

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
It's their pronouns, because we haven't gotten to the part of the future yet where nobody gives a fuck what's in your pants, unless we're tryin' to smash.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. I guess that will help those people named Pat and Chris.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I've been ignoring emails from anyone participating in this bullshit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13949 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I work at a large, multinational company and I'm more and more frequently seeing e-mail signature blocks with the preferred pronoun...

Name:
Pronouns (e.g. him/he):
Title:
Phone:
e-mail:

I'm about to jump on the preferred pronoun bandwagon

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Mike has someone named “Joey” that puts her pronouns in her emails…when I saw it I asked why-she said it’s to prevent confusion because her name is neither feminine nor masculine..I said-can you tell when she talks?

I then had to go back to the living room…fucking retards…retards everywhere

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Mrs. Mike has someone named “Joey” that puts her pronouns in her emails…when I saw it I asked why-she said it’s to prevent confusion because her name is neither feminine nor masculine..I said-can you tell when she talks?

I then had to go back to the living room…fucking retards…retards everywhere

Did Joey come from San Diego and was she raised on Oklahoma?

I worked with a girl name Joey. Very nice girl actually.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
When my company makes it mandatory I’m going with:

Thee
Thou

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I am so tempted to do that on LinkedIn.

Rey, His Royal Hiney.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My preferred pronouns are none, don't refer to me.

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This was the nicest looking Joey I ever saw:

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I prefer the gender-neutral “fucker”.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I've been ignoring emails from anyone participating in this bullshit.

Probably the best way to handle it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
This was the nicest looking Joey I ever saw:

Now that was worth scrolling through this thread!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I guess in a world where there is only email contact, it is a way for folks with ambiguous names to let folks know their gender. If it wasn't for the woke bullshit and 47 genders, etc nonsense, it wouldn't really be that offensive.

The thing I keep coming back to though, is that in a work environment your gender is irrelevant. You either do your job or you don't. You are either an asset or you aren't. Your plumbing doesn't matter.

It is somewhat similar to why I use Ms. when dealing with a female person I don't know. I don't know if she is married, I don't care if she is married, and it is none of my darned business if she is married.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
El Duderino
His Dudeness

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My email signature at work:

For decades, until recently, we were Blank Operations, Division of blankety blank. But for years when people would ask what I did up there, I’d tell them I worked for the division of light refraction. Amazing how many people took that answer without batting an eye.

There’s an official confidentiality notice that’s a couple paragraphs long and some people actually have it in their emails. I cut down to my own version.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is how I wish to be addressed.

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
El Duderino
His Dudeness

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Those are taken by some guy named Lebowski.