SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Acid attack on 3 year old in the UK
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acid attack on 3 year old in the UK Login/Join 
posted
4 arrested and no names or ethnicity listed.Probably tells you all you need to know.

4 men arrested in connection with apparent acid attack on 3-year-old British boy, police say

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...-boy-police-say.html

Four men were arrested in connection with an apparent acid attack on a 3-year-old boy that occurred at a busy store in England on Saturday, police said.

Three men, ages 22, 25 and 26, were being questioned in London on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm, West Merica police said Monday. A 39-year-old suspect was arrested Sunday.

The attack took place around 2:15 p.m. at Home Bargains, a discount retail store in Worcester.

“At this time we are treating this as a deliberate attack on a 3-year-old boy,” West Merica Police Chief Superintendent Mark Travis said in a statement. “The incident will rightly shock the local community and I would like to reassure local people that we are carrying out a thorough investigation to identify those responsible.”

Police said the boy was treated at the hospital for serious burns to his arms and face, and was later released. Authorities said the long-term medical implications for the child are unknown, but they hope he will not suffer life-changing injuries.

“It's an awful incident and we're really, really concerned about this,” Travis told Sky News.

Worcester City Council leader Marc Bayliss described the attack as “absolutely pure evil,” and urged anyone with information to come forward.

“Think if this was a member of your family, an innocent child, a 3-year-old probably scarred or damaged for life by this,” he told Sky News. “We need to bring the perpetrators to justice, and quickly.”

Posts: 13128 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Burn them at the stake

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They deserve to been stuck in a 55 gallon drum of acid. Monsters.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
They deserve to been stuck in a 55 gallon drum of acid. Monsters.

55 gal drum, yes,

maybe only 5 or so gallons in it,

and then roll them down a hill,

let them out, don't call 911 or do it near water, and save the leftover acid for the next one

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
The scumbags who did this travelled from Walthamstow - a district of Greater London, to Worcester to carry out this targetted attack. Think of it like going from Portland Maine to St Louis...

No doubt we'll be told the ethnicity of both sides of the event, or not.

Wait - attackers were white-ish, and the victims were probably not. There is a growing problem here in UK with the so-called English Defence League. Google it to learn more.

tac

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
attackers were white-ish
What race is that? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16020 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I don't care if they are white ish, gray ish or pink polka dotted,

anyone who hurts a kid, needs to be hurt ,, worse,,,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
That's right - kids are innocent.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Not sure about "white-ish", especially regarding the one closest to the camera. Middle-Eastern-ish seems more appropriate.

Saddam Hussein was an evil SOB, but I have come to understand why he was so cruel in some of his execution methods. Two-legged animals sometimes only understand one language.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
More details:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...nt-three-men-latest/

Kind of shocking just how common acid attacks becoming in the UK.

Was reading in another story on that link.

UK HIT BY SURGE IN MENACE

"THE UK has seen a surge in reported acid attacks, with numbers soaring from 228 in 2012 to 601 just four years later.We now have one of the world’s highest rates of attacks per capita, according to Acid Survivors Trust International."

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Never a reason to throw acid on anybody, but it's subhuman to throw acid on a child.
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
The scumbags who did this travelled from Walthamstow - a district of Greater London, to Worcester to carry out this targetted attack. Think of it like going from Portland Maine to St Louis...
I looked on Google and it looks like 130 miles (i.e. more like Portland, ME, to South Boston, MA). Am I looking at the right thing?

Either way, it's still a distance where it is not likely people who crossed paths in every day life.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
"THE UK has seen a surge in reported acid attacks, with numbers soaring from 228 in 2012 to 601 just four years later.We now have one of the world’s highest rates of attacks per capita, according to Acid Survivors Trust International."

So now will they address the "Acid Culture," along with the "Knife Culture?"

Wake up, UK.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acid attacks, too cowardly to use a weapon but vicious enough to do harm. These guys need to be beaten to the point of partial-paralysis, they'll have to live with a constant reminder being a life-long handicap.

Are people now going to walk-around with packets of baking soda, just in case?

Posts: 15085 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Europe is finished, and the UK's only hope is for what is left of the real English to take back their country by force.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
"As a local policing commander in support of our local community I want to make sure the message is really clear that this is a very, very rare occurrence"

No, the message should be really clear there is zero tolerance for throwing acid at a 3 year old or anybody else for that matter.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20081 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Police rejected any link between the attack and a protest by The English Defence League which took place in the centre of Worcester on Saturday, against plans to build a mosque in the city.

Ch Supt Travis said: "We have looked at all the possible links and at the moment there is nothing to suggest there is any link between the activity on Saturday with the protests and this particular incident."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44921479

Posts: 13128 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't they just ban acid? Roll Eyes

This is just plain disgusting behavior that's far too common.

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If someone did this to my child, I'd go completely raging chimp on their ass.

I'd eat their face and chew off their fingers and junk.

After that, I'd really lose it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17626 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Never a reason to throw acid on anybody, but it's subhuman to throw acid on a child.
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
I looked on Google and it looks like 130 miles (i.e. more like Portland, ME, to South Boston, MA). Am I looking at the right thing?

Either way, it's still a distance where it is not likely people who crossed paths in every day life.

Sir, I'm equating the distance between the two locations in a proportional way, not an exact way. I'm saying that the two communities in UK are, as far as the US is concenred, about as far apart as Portland Maine and St Louis.

IOW, extremely unlikely ever to have had anything to do with each other. Worcester is a beautiful old cathedral city on the River Severn, famed for its classic pottery and modern swan sanctuary. Walthamstow is a district in London that is famous for being a shithole.

The police are now suggesting that there 'may have been a measure of conflicting inter-community relationships'. WTF?

Comparing the two is like comparing Martha's Vineyard with downtown Detroit.

tac

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post