SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are we using for quick charging USB-C car chargers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are we using for quick charging USB-C car chargers? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
We followed Para's example and got new T-Mobile service with phones (and are trying 5G wireless internet) last weekend. The Samsung phones use USB-C where every thing we have used micro USB.
So we need some new crap. We had a Belkin 'Boost Up' with a coiled cord that has been pretty much ideal. But it is micro USB. Can't find anything but Chinese crap out there. Their product descriptions usually look like pig tracks and lay claim to any and every capability, even stuff that is contradictory. Amazon search is utterly useless.

Just looking to not buy total crap.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Why not just use an adapter and keep your old chargers?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I did think of that and we may have to go that way. It is primarily because USB-C can charge at much higher rates. So USB 2.0 (which our Belkin has) to USB-C is similarly undesirable.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you like your Belkin, you can keep your Belkin (sound familiar? Wink).

Evidently not on store shelves just yet, but real soon now.

https://www.belkin.com/us/coll...harger/p/p-f7u100-s/

This one has two slots; one for USB-C, and the other for the current USB-A, so it will accommodate either type.

Use an adapter like Flash-LB mentioned, until the Belkin that you like hits the stores.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Would the Anker Powerline II cable help you?

Amazon link

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
Just get new stuff. Pain in the butt, but as you mentioned usb-c is worth it. I’ve used Anker stuff for a decade. You can find their car chargers here and all their cables and other stuff is also there under their Amazon store front.

Posts: 590 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:
Just get new stuff. Pain in the butt, but as you mentioned usb-c is worth it. I’ve used Anker stuff for a decade. You can find their car chargers here and all their cables and other stuff is also there under their Amazon store front.

Anker knows what they're doing and puts out top notch products.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20079 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Anker in all my cars.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen for the recommendations. I have some Anker stuff for desk/laptops and it has been high quality stuff. I just ordered this Anker car charger.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was just going to post that charger. I bought it for my last car to use on my iphone and android phone. Charges quickly.
My current car has usb c ports from the factory.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8173 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post