SIGforum
Boy Scouts ....... I'm Too late

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6990006564

January 18, 2020, 04:24 PM
coloradohunter44
Boy Scouts ....... I'm Too late
I might have stuck it out if badges like this were an option back when I was young....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
January 18, 2020, 04:32 PM
Il Cattivo
So do they issue those to Girl Scouts too, these days? I mean, you could have a "bitch" patch, but with a "B" in the center, which might make the girls feel "less than" the boys who get a patch with an "A" in the center.
January 18, 2020, 07:35 PM
0-0
Simply loving it!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
January 18, 2020, 08:01 PM
Yep...another good thing ruined by the liberals. Thanks for the good old days of the 50's and growing up. Smile

January 19, 2020, 03:22 AM
kramden
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Yep...another good thing ruined by the liberals. Thanks for the good old days of the 50's and growing up. Smile
So true! Sadly today if I had a young son I would NOT allow him to join the BSA.
January 19, 2020, 09:45 AM
vthoky
I can think of a few fellas who've earned that badge....

God bless America.
January 19, 2020, 10:26 AM
VonFatman
funny.
i too was bummed when the bsa started changing.
unfortunately, politics abounds in all organizations.

i was torqued when girls were allowed in, but after attending meetings and campouts (grandson in scouts), it was clear to me that the move to include girls was financial. bsa was running out of money. it was either include or go away.

"the times, they are a changin'..."

bob
January 19, 2020, 10:49 AM
apprentice
Not sure you'd want something advertising quality asshole in the Boy Scouts.
January 19, 2020, 10:16 PM
coloradohunter44
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Not sure you'd want something advertising quality asshole in the Boy Scouts.

Satire....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
January 20, 2020, 02:06 AM
scot818
quote:
Originally posted by VonFatman:
funny.
i too was bummed when the bsa started changing.
unfortunately, politics abounds in all organizations.

i was torqued when girls were allowed in, but after attending meetings and campouts (grandson in scouts), it was clear to me that the move to include girls was financial. bsa was running out of money. it was either include or go away.

"the times, they are a changin'..."

bob

When my son was in the scouts and I was an assistant scout leader - everything from the national office revolved around money. They were always strapped for cash. I was just recently told by one of the other leaders the Boy Scouts have now taken out a massive loan on Philmont to the tune of 446 million dollars to pay off sex abuse lawsuits. They can’t even cover the interest payment on that. They have doomed the organization.