SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone heard of the Institute on Voter Attitudes & Public Policy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone heard of the Institute on Voter Attitudes & Public Policy? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Yesterday's mail brought a "National Critical Issues Poll," and I'm curious to learn more about the organization behind it before deciding whether to complete it and send it back.

A quick surf on Google and DuckDuckGo doesn't really bring me much, aside from other people asking essentially the same question.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're kidding, right?

Posts: 107571 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
No sir, I am not.
I wouldn't waste time typing it out if I was going to joke about it. Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The "Institute on Voter Attitudes & Public Policy"? Likely, it's push polling. The name is farcical.

Posts: 107571 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
push polling

Okay. Now I've looked up push polling. I hadn't heard of that before.

God bless America.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Yesterday's mail brought a "National Critical Issues Poll," and I'm curious to learn more about the organization behind it before deciding whether to complete it and send it back.

A quick surf on Google and DuckDuckGo doesn't really bring me much, aside from other people asking essentially the same question.

I got one the other day and trashed it. No need to waste my time with it.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
And how much money did they ask you to "contribute" to offset the cost of the poll?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
None.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The "Institute on Voter Attitudes & Public Policy"? Likely, it's push polling. The name is farcical.

Well I won't be filling it out. I can't read Persian.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Well I won't be filling it out. I can't read Persian.

I see what you did there. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
I got one of those surveys also. By chance, are you an NRA member?

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In this day-in-age of fast evolving electronic comms, are actual polls even conducted via the mail anymore?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is the most fantastic name for a fictional spy agency’s cover organization.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
push polling

Okay. Now I've looked up push polling. I hadn't heard of that before.

"Push poll - Wikipedia
A push poll is an interactive marketing technique, most commonly employed during political campaigning, in which an individual or organization attempts to manipulate or alter prospective voters' views/beliefs under the guise of conducting an opinion poll."

Learn something new here every day.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Learn something new here every day.

Sure looks like it. Now, where did I leave my cloak of invisibility.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post