Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Purim Login/Join 
posted
To all Jewish forum participants: Have a Happy Purim!

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I had to Google that. Sounds interesting.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
HAMAN!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
CHEESE!

No, wait, that's not right...

BOOOO..... HISSSSSS..... (stomping feet)

MORDECHAI ! FTW!!!

(Mordechai from the Hebrew, is roughly translated as "Chuck Norris")

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

That is seriously funny.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
For such a time as this.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Sure do loves me some hamentaschen while shaking my lulav. Chag sameach!

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
CHEESE!

No, wait, that's not right...

BOOOO..... HISSSSSS..... (stomping feet)

MORDECHAI ! FTW!!!

But, you can't ignore the bravery of Esther. (I bet she was way-y-y hot!)

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Less than a month until celebrating another escape.

Exodus, escapes, and slavery. Our holidays are so cheery!

We are sure a tough crowd to annihilate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Shalom

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I just finished the Sultan Knish email/ post about it. As a Christian, I am trying to learn more about my Jewish family and friends.

Mordechai. Wow. I know some neo Jewish kids that have no clue. What a lineage to celebrate!

I don't know if "happy Purim" quite does it. I wish you a thoughtful time. A reflective time? Happy survival maybe?

Shalom indeed....

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I just did one of those ancestory DNA tests and found out I am 2.8% Azerbaijan Jewish! So thank you for the Purim blessing!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Just about every major civilization/empire that has attempted to annihilate you is in the dust bin of history. There's a reason for that.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

Just about every major civilization/empire that has attempted to annihilate you is in the dust bin of history. There's a reason for that.

Still, it'd be nice if they stopped trying.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the tale of Purim, the Persian king only countermanded his genocidal decree as a result of his Jewish wife's pleas.

The present day Iranian foreign minister, in turn, now has an independent spin.

http://www.jta.org/2017/03/12/...m-story-fake-history

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I'll have go at making Hamantaschen, fruit filling. Be blessed and happy.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

Still, it'd be nice if they stopped trying.

Yes, it would.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I'll have go at making Hamantaschen, fruit filling. Be blessed and happy.
Let us know how it turns out? Maybe post your recipe.

I haven't had any good Hamentaschen since my grandmother died, many years ago. Yeah, I've had some store bought, but it's not the same as what my old Russian-Polish-Jewish grandmother made.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post