SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you carry medical gear as part of your EDC?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you carry medical gear as part of your EDC? Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
Do you carry any trauma medical such as a Tourniquet, gauze, ect, with you as part of your daily carry?

On person? In vehicle?

If so, where, what, and how do you carry them?

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have always had a first aid kit and CPR mask in my car.

On my person every day, no. Too much to carry for the rare chance of needing it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16410 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I keep a level 3 kit in my trunk.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8399 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Have a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and some band-aids in a ziplock bag in my truck console, and they’ve come in handy more than once, but I bet you’re talking about something more involved than that.

Posts: 26942 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small first aid kit in the vehicle with a few bandages.

I keep a couple small Band-aids tucked in the back of my wallet for those occasional nicks. Seems like I use them or give them to someone about once a year.

Major trauma kit? No

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have a couple of blow out kits in my vehicle. Tourniquet, chest seals, nasal pharyngeal airway, quick clot, gauze, Israeli bandage,misc other small items. I kit for me, one for someone else.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I carry one of these in my truck and one in my hunting pack.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep a blow out kit from Dark Angel and a smaller first aid kit for minor stuff in the glove box of my 4Runner.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I carry a fairly well stocked trauma kit in both of my vehicles. When I take the train to work I have a backpack with a smaller kit in it. My range bag has one in it too.

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
First aid kit in the cars, go bags, and house.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I have everything up to and including airway and suture kits in my vehicle kit. It comes with me to sea, regardless of who or what I have embarked in terms of medical care.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Each car has a DARK kit in it. I generally wear a AFAK (ankle first aid kit) with TQ, chest seal, quickklot gauze, mini-compression bandage, several exam gloves, sharpie, and 3’ of gorilla tape (folded around a used room key tales very little space).

Have yet to need anything other than the sharpie, but better to have and not need...

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch in my range bag, but I don’t carry anything daily. Cellphone, flashlight, knife, handgun, reload, and keys are enough.

I’m not an EMT, LEO, or Batman. My belt only holds so much. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I have lots of stuff in a bag in the truck, but the most used item I get is Dermabond. The stuff just works and its convenient.

Posts: 1993 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't typically carry medical gear on my person off duty. However...

I keep medium-sized trauma kits as well as "boo boo kits" in all my vehicles.

I wear a TQ and mini trauma kit on duty.

My active shooter go bag has a small trauma kit and several TQs.

My range bag has a small trauma kit and TQ.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have a blowout kit in my laptop case.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
BoBoo kit everywhere.

IBD, cpr mask, and a Tourniquet while on duty.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I never completely empty my bladder in case of a snake bite.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
When I'm off I keep a IFAK with tourniquet, hemostatic dressing, gauze, tape, scissors, and chest seals in my bag of junk that usually goes with me.

When I'm working I have an IFAK in my vehicle, plus two tourniquets and a SWAT tourniquet in my vest. I also have a separate bag of goodies in whatever vehicle I'm in usually that will have a CPR mask.

But I don't carry medical stuff in my pockets when I'm off.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Pretty much what chongosuerte said. I carry a very small IFAK not much larger than a large iPhone when I venture into town. We're pretty safe here in the country except when hunting season rolls around.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post