SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    espn announcers for college FB championship game are annoying.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

espn announcers for college FB championship game are annoying. Login/Join 
posted
I don’t know who these ESPN clowns are but this is an exercise in narcissism. It’s all about the announcers, not the game. ESPN dedicates the left 1/4/of the screen to these clowns and their antics. The lead guy, on the sidelines is an annoying ass.

Think I’mm gonna turn off the sound. Georgia is confirming their status as a powerhouse. Wish TCU was making it more of a game.

I have to tolerate ESPN sometimes cause they carry my alma mater Univ of Houston.

But this ESPN coverage for this game is the worst I’ve ever seen.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They've lost sight of their purpose. They're adrift and it's driven them mad.

Posts: 107658 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I think you’re on the wrong channel — they broadcast the game like 5 different ways on 5 different ESPN channels.

If you go to the actual / original ESPN you’ll get the standard game layout, as you would traditionally expect it.

Posts: 5074 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they get this group from the World of Wrestling commentator and production pool?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you’re watching ESPN 2 with Pat MacAfee. He’s a former NFL player and a comedian and has an extremely popular sports show/podcast. People are watching that feed because they want the over the top commentary of that specific crew.

Change the channel to ESPN to see a typical broadcast with announcers in the booth.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15257 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Copefree! I was indeed on some “spurious” channel. ESPN3. I’m on the regular channel now. Much better.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Did they get this group from the World of Wrestling commentator and production pool?

He does in fact provide color commentary for the WWE too. He’s actually hilarious and can be fun to watch. If you aren’t expecting this type of broadcast though I can see why it would be a surprise.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15257 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Ha! I was surprised. Now that I found out, I feel that I was the dumbass!

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
They need a mercy rule

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Dang! I'm not watching, so I just went to espn dot com and see that score.

That's pathetic.

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was watching some of it with my boys and was wondering who this pompous ass sounding guy was, it almost sounded like a parody to me!

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd much rather listen to McAfee and friends, than the Ron Burgundy-types on the regular broadcast. I don't want spoon-fed commentary, much rather get commentary from a lively group in an unconventional format.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Damn it! I completely forgot to record this game until I saw this thread. Much too damn late. Looked up the score, (Georgia 65, TCU 7) and it looks like it probably wasn’t worth watching. Forgot about the playoff games too. Grrrrr

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
Damn it! I completely forgot to record this game until I saw this thread. Much too damn late. Looked up the score, (Georgia 65, TCU 7) and it looks like it probably wasn’t worth watching. Forgot about the playoff games too. Grrrrr

Crikey! How did TCU get this far in the first place? Eek

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3451 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post