SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Culturally Appropriate This, Social Justice Jerks - Schlichter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culturally Appropriate This, Social Justice Jerks - Schlichter Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This whole thing just cracks me up.

I pay it no mind whatsoever when making life decisions for myself or my family. Me and mine will "appropriate" whatever we want.

I'm Scottish/Irish, I'm happy to see people celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'm also a practicing Christian (Catholic) and it doesn't bother me one bit to see people in Santa hats and other icons that have nothing to due with the religious celebration. Heck, I don't mind that non-practicing Christians celebrating the day. My BIL is 100% Italian (parents came over on a boat); he's never once been disappointed in me when I head to Little Italy to celebrate The Feast of the Assumption.

If people wanna spend their life that tightly wound, they can have it. Me, I'm gonna relax and enjoy myself...and their anger will only add to my amusement.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
And Moana - really?

Moana may be very very loosely based on Polynesian history or stories, but it is a creation of Disney - an American company run largely by white Americans.

If you believed cultural appropriation existed, you could think the movie Moana is appropriation. But it would be hard to logically argue that appropriating the creation of an American movie company is appropriation. Appropriation of an appropriation?

It is truly nonsense.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Who's gonna break the news to Hootie that he has to stop playing Country Music?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I shit you not, if some idiot ruins my kids' Halloween I will likely lose it...

My brother said I'd make a great Maui...

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I appropriate the hell out of Tacos on a regular basis.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
There is no such thing as "cultural appropriation", none whatsoever. A "culture" can't own something that can be "appropriated", in the first place. It's as dumb as saying humans have culturally appropriated the oxygen that trees emit.

There is no such thing as 'cultural appropriation in a free society. SJWs are teapot tyrants. They oppress with outrage and volume. They act with aggression to control others. Kurt is right. Resist political correctness with equal and opposite force.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Well, what about a bunch of white people painting their faces black and singing Negro songs, a la minstrels?
Heck, that's been taboo for 50 years.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Who's gonna break the news to Hootie that he has to stop playing Country Music?
This responsibility falls to the Blowfish, of course.

It always does

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post