SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    White fruit peaches..yummy.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White fruit peaches..yummy. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Make peach puree for cocktails, create Bellini's for a weekend party of breakfast, and you'll be a hit.

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I agree about fresh white peaches--insanely great taste, IMO.
In high school, I worked in a fruit stand, where we had both locally grown and shipped in fruit.
This was in Sebastopol, California; at that time it was best known as the home of the Gravenstein apple.
People would drive 55 miles from San Francisco to buy a box when they were in season.
Consequently I am completely spoiled; no apple tastes as good as a Grav right off the tree.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a tree on our farm in the 40s and 50s that would bear fruit about every other year.we.d have some right away and can the rest for winter,yum.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
have some right away and can the rest
The old joke about the British visitor to an American food processing plant: The visitor was amazed at the amount of food that went through the facility. "Yes sir," said the supervisor, "We eat what we can, and what we can't, we can."

The Brit thought about this for a while, and hours later while he was having dinner with his wife, it finally registered. She asked why he was chuckling.

He replied, "The chap who showed me the facility today said something very funny about the amount of food that they handle. He said 'We eat what we're able to, and what we're not, we tin.'"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I recall reading somewhere recently that white peaches are not recommended for canning due to the fact they are typically not as acidic as "standard" peaches. Has anyone else heard of that?

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
The white peach is the natural peach. Yellow peaches, of all varieties, are "hybrids".
And yes, they are very good. Try to find "White Lady" variety.

I have eaten a few White Ladies, always enjoyed it.

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just looked to see what they had locally and found these. So which is the best choice?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I need about 4 more and a pint of heavy cream. Maybe some nice blue berrys. What a night time snack.

The Lord could’ve made a better dish than peaches and cream.
But He didn’t see any need to.
—my grandfather

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Just looked to see what they had locally and found these. So which is the best choice?

Dunno as I've just discovered them and only had one. We were getting Georgia peaches by the tractor trailer loads here at the Market 3 times per Summer. They are $43.00 per 25 pound box. The customers would buy 4 or 5 cases each. ? $140,000.00 in peaches on one trailer. They deliver 12 locations in northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, 3 times each. They are wonderful peaches. It causes a huge traffic backup for 1 1/2 miles.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I need about 4 more and a pint of heavy cream. Maybe some nice blue berrys. What a night time snack.

The Lord could’ve made a better dish than peaches and cream.
But He didn’t see any need to.
—my grandfather
Bless his heart and he was right.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post