SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone here use wired headphones for their tv?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone here use wired headphones for their tv? Login/Join 
posted
my 48 " tv does not have a 1/8" or 1/4" stereo headphone jack.

I need about 18 feet of cord.

under $100.00 would be great

I can find $29.00 jobs on Amazon but with plugs.

or I can see $65.00 - $165.00 wireless.

any attention you choose to give this will be appreciated,

not for gaming , just tv watching

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54674 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
What does your TV have in terms of audio output terminals?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will check to make sure , when I get home,
I think Phono females

Posts: 54674 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just get an adapter L and R RCA male phono plugs to 1/8" stereo phone jack.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
You can get adapters to go from the RCA phono plugs to a female 3.5mm, or 1/8”, whatever it is.

Guess I’m a little slow sjtill beat me to it.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sennheiser Wireless

Until I got hearing aids and went Bluetooth, I used the linked headphones for everything. Easy-peasy.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I have some old RCA wireless I've used for years. Have you looked into wireless?

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Sennheiser Wireless

Until I got hearing aids and went Bluetooth, I used the linked headphones for everything. Easy-peasy.

I have an old pair of these laying around. Shoot me an email, bendable. I'll ship them to you

Will come with everything but the manual, and you can get that online here: https://images-na.ssl-images-a...es/I/91r1DSdWOVL.pdf

Posts: 32534 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Or, if you're dead-set on using wired headphones, I have a 6 foot RCA stereo male to 1/8" headphone female cord, and a 12 foot 1/8" headphone extension cord.

That'll get you 18 feet of cord, and convert from your TV's pair of white/red RCA audio outputs to a standard 1/8" wired headphone jack.

You're welcome to the 18 feet of wired headphone cables, the wireless headphone setup, or both.

Posts: 32534 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sennheiser Wireless

That is the exact set I have been using for years.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4277 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have a wireless headphone set for the tv and I use it literally all the time. It has an analog connector and also an optical connector. Both connections work well.

The range of this thing is amazing. I can walk down to my basement and hear everything crystal clear. If you are interested...here is a link Amazon

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Rogue,
For the offer,
I will mull the whole deal over for a bit , and maybe contact you later.

posted Hide Post
does anyone know why these headphones require a battery ?
or where they go ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IT0IHOY/ref

Ive watched a dozen youtubes and seen a half dozen websites,
none of them addressed a battery .

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's a mistake in Amazon's product listing. If you read the reviews and Q&As, it's repeatedly stated that those wired headphones don't actually need batteries.

Which makes sense, because wired headphones typically don't require batteries.

In wireless headphones with batteries, they're usually in the earpieces, accessible by either removing the ear cups or through a battery hatch on the outside.

posted Hide Post
got it , I was looking in the wrong place

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
does anyone know why these headphones require a battery ?
or where they go ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IT0IHOY/ref

Ive watched a dozen youtubes and seen a half dozen websites,
none of them addressed a battery .

Those appear to be standard wired headphones, so no battery required. And those are way overkill for listening to the TV. If you do use a wired set, almost any of the cheapest you can find will be sufficient.

I haven't done what you want to do in a long time, but if you want to have the volume off on the TV itself, you are probably going to need a wireless set, as it will have a volume control. You may be able to turn off the TV's internal speaker through a menu setting, but I think the RCA (phono) jacks that you would use for audio out are controlled by the TV's volume control. Thus for you to turn the volume up on a wired headphone set you would have to turn the volume up on the TV. Again, you may be able to turn off the internal speakers.

Posts: 3438 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sennheiser Wireless

Are you able to use these and the TV volume (ie, you have headphones set at a volume you can hear while others in the room aren't getting bleeding ears from the volume level)?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Sennheiser Wireless

Are you able to use these and the TV volume (ie, you have headphones set at a volume you can hear while others in the room aren't getting bleeding ears from the volume level)?

Yes, you can control your Tv volume and headset volume separately.
I have this exact headset.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Sennheiser Wireless

Yes, you can control your Tv volume and headset volume separately.
I have this exact headset.

Pulling this back up...

How do these connect to a TV which does not xmit Bluetooth?

Disregard; didn't read.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've decided against there headphone purchase,

After talking with my downstairs neighbor lady,

Turns out that she never heard my tv , so it's not an issue for her.

Since getting The Circle Channel on broadcast tv,

I've noticed my tv volume getting all the way up to #7
Eek

But thanks folks