SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon lost a loyal customer: humorous obituary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon lost a loyal customer: humorous obituary Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I'd bet she would have appreciated the humor; the NOK that writes the obit (if it's not the person themselves in advance) usually know the decedent pretty well. Rest in peace, Sharon Turner.

(No, I didn't know her)

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Someone said “if something is funny, search it carefully for truth.”

Props for a personal and humorous obit…the ones written by funeral home employees are so disconnected…but how crazy is it that Amazon is in a person’s obit?

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
My favorite lines:

"..Her sister Peggy Sparks (Aurora) took too long figuring out where the next cruise is heading, now that ship has sailed." Big Grin

"She is being greeted in heaven by her husband, William W. Turner (PA); it seems as if he was always waiting for this woman." Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
I'd bet she would have appreciated the humor; the NOK that writes the obit (if it's not the person themselves in advance) usually know the decedent pretty well.

An interesting point; I hadn't considered that someone other than the decedent or family member might write the obit, although in this particular instance, given the humor, I'm hoping the family either wrote it or at least had input in it.

I tried looking up what a NOK is and came up with several possibilities, none of which seemed to fit. What is a NOK?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Next Of Kin.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Doooh! Shoulda figured that one out. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I like the in lieu line.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post