SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fox News Cancels Lou Dobbs. Guess they are going for Antifa/BLM audience.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox News Cancels Lou Dobbs. Guess they are going for Antifa/BLM audience. Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Dobbs and Tucker are the only FOX shows I watch each day.
I guess they don't want me to tune in at all.
No problem.

Same here. I like Lou Dobbs. He's steadfast and brave. He is getting a bit old though and not quite as sharp.
Tucker is very good at what he does and I'm glad I can still watch his show. He's a thinker and provides an interesting and often nuanced alternative to everything else. He's like Rush Limbaugh in that respect.

I've been turning off FOX News or looking for something else after Tucker's show.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24157 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't find any of these news channels to be credible. They exist purely for entertainment value.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
https://www.oann.com/absoluteproof/

Check out this story that came up this morning!

And, frankly I am not a bit surprised the FAUXNEWS canceled Dobbs. He told it like it was and the management there can't stand to have that come out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Fox News is on at 8:00 PM sharp in my house, and typically the TV is either muted or switching to NetFlix before Hannity can utter a syllable.

Now that Lou Dobbs is gone, Tucker Carlson is THE one hour of TV I will watch per day, and the ONLY hour of TV I trust to provide credible info. Honestly, FOX really showed their cards on election night and have been dead to me since 11/4. It seems I'm not the only one with this opinion as their viewers have left them en masse! The fact that their ratings tanked as quickly as they did, and they're now third behind CNN & MSNBC is amazing. It's one thing for all these virtue signaling 'woke corporations' to piss off half of their customer base, but FOX has turned on the VAST majority of their viewers, and it's clearly evident in their ratings!

I will likely cancel my cable (Comcast Roll Eyes ) in the very near future, and get Internet only service, as I'm fairly certain I can get most of the key Tucker Carlson segments on YouTube, though slightly delayed. I haven't really been enthralled w/ what I've seen on Newsmax, and I'm not getting ANY value from 'the Bundle' I'm paying for now anyway. Plus, I'd rather give Comcast as little of my money as possible!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8933 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Fox is circling the toilet. I'd say Lou Dobbs is better off in any case. I no longer watch FNC so now there's a better chance that I might catch him depending on every Dobbs ends up.

Fox News Axes Lou Dobbs' Show; Top-Rated Pro-Trump Host Not Expected Back on the Air

Fox News has canceled ''Lou Dobbs Tonight,'' the program hosted by one of the media's most steadfast supporters of Donald Trump and the former president's claims of voter fraud, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

Dobbs' program, which has been airing twice nightly at 5 and 7 p.m. ET on the Fox Business Network, will be replaced next week with ''Fox Business Tonight,'' with rotating substitute hosts Jackie DeAngelis and David Asman, who filled in for Dobbs on Friday. This, according to a Fox rep who confirmed the news to the Times.

Dobbs, 75, remains under contract at Fox News, the newspaper said, but his future on the conservative news network is murky.

The cancellation comes a day after a large voting software company, Smartmatic, filed a $2.7 billion defamation suit against Fox News and three of its hosts — Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro. The company said the hosts helped to spread lies about Smartmatic's role in the presidential election, to the detriment of its reputation and its business.

Fox News has been in turmoil as long-time viewers have abandoned the channel since Election Day. Former President Donald Trump has attributed his election loss to Joe Biden to unfair coverage by Fox News as well as massive voter fraud.

Dobbs was signed to Fox News by its former chief executive Roger Ailes in 2011. As the Times noted, he has long been the company's most outspoken supporter of Trump's economic and immigration policies. In the weeks after the election, the paper said, he went on the air to express anger that the Republican Party did not do more to act on claims that the election was rigged in favor of Biden.

The firing of Dobbs will add weight to critics' claims the network has gone soft backing conservative views.

Fox has also been reeling as its ratings have been in a tailspin as the network has dropped to third place behind CNN and MSNBC.

Newsmax appears to be the main beneficiary as its viewership has soared. Newsmax is now the 4th highest-rated cable news channel in the U.S.

Fox, in response, demoted long-time evening host Martha MacCallum to a day-time slot as Newsmax's ''Greg Kelly Reports'' has surged.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/news...2&date=05&id=1008864

=================================================================
https://www.oann.com/absoluteproof/

Check out the item above! It was live a few minutes ago, and truly enlightening as to how the election was stolen. It presented real EVIDENCE from experts. I only got to see maybe the last 20 minutes, but it was bone chilling. With LOTS of real evidence of just how far china intruded and manipulated our election.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtedescucci:
One of the very last who would ask thought-provoking questions of ANYONE, who engaged in critical thinking and who called a spade a spade. A few years back when Fox had their "shakeup" my brother told me that they were on the way out.... that it would only be a matter of time until you couldn't tell the difference between them and MSNBC. Funny how Frank can be SO ACCURATE when it comes to predicting the future. Oh well, NewsMax is waiting....FredT

If you can get them, check out OANN!

They just had a spectacular show, with tons of evidence & real time commentary regarding the stolen election. And it was stolen as we all know. It also showed just how deep china was involved.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Dobbs and Tucker are the only FOX shows I watch each day.
I guess they don't want me to tune in at all.
No problem.

What is the current thought on Hannity and Ingraham?

WJR

Only a matter of time.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'd love to get OANN, but my cable company (Spectrum) doesn't carry it. I only watch Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, and Pirro on Fox now. I get my actual news from the web (a lot here).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:

What is the current thought on Hannity and Ingraham?

WJR

I don’t know about Ingraham, but think Hannity is about as conservative as Rachel Maddow. He is a phony and a fake.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

I don’t know about Ingraham, but think Hannity is about as conservative as Rachel Maddow. He is a phony and a fake.

Well, that's the silliest thing I've read today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm tuning in at the wrong times of day to see the whole Fox-has-left-us-behind thing. I get a bit of Fox and Friends on the morning commute, and then some of The Five in the evenings. Based on only that, I'm not seeing solid reason for the recent dump-on-Fox trend. Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I'd love to get OANN, but my cable company (Spectrum) doesn't carry it.
Have you tried the OANN website?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
OANN, Newsmax, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit.

Posts: 2168 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

Well, that's the silliest thing I've read today.

One example: Years ago, I would listen to his radio show. He had some Hollywood leftist on and proceeded to grovel and kiss their ass in a way no self-respecting conservative would have.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Well I won’t go as far as that, but I am very jaded on Hannity. Lou Dobbs was still bringing relevant and insightful reporting out, Hannity not so much in my opinion.

Posts: 3158 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post