SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michelle Goldberg: "Trump not leader of the free world".
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michelle Goldberg: "Trump not leader of the free world". Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
This just blows my mind. Heard Mike Gallagher talking about this on his talk show this morning. What a feckless you-know-what. And the press wonders why we think they're the enemy?? WOW! It doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon...

Michelle Goldberg is a far left columnist for the New York Times. During a recent appearance on MSNBC, she made some outrageous comments about President Trump.

Here’s a partial transcript via Red State:

Firstly, Caitlin Huey-Burns — reporter for RealClearPolitics — incidentally referred to Trump as “the leader of the free world,” mid-insult.

Goldberg took issue with that characterization:

“He’s not the leader of the free world. But, sorry…”

Goldberg explained:

“Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world. … He’s a sort of junior player in a bloc of authoritarian countries. … He’s part of a bloc that includes [Russian President] Vladimir Putin, [Philippines President Rodrigo] Duterte. … He’s part of kind of an axis of power of thugs.”*

And that’s the news, folks.

But not quite all.

[*I believe the word she used is “thugs.” See for yourself in the video above.]

Host Katy Tur provided a hair of pushback:

“[Trump] is not rounding people up and murdering them without any due process.”

Ready for Goldberg’s reply? Sit back:

“He would certainly like to.”

Watch the video above:

It’s amazing that she can say this on the air at MSNBC with virtually no push back from host Katy Tur.

This is why so many people can’t stand the media.

Visit the USSA News store!
Author: Mike LaChance

http://ussanews.com/News1/2018...murder-people-video/

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Let these idiots keep clucking to each other in their little echo chamber, no one is paying them much attention.

Meanwhile Trump continues to get things done and that's all that matters.

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, see, that's the problem - sometimes thought leaders are so far out ahead of the herd that they lose contact with those they're trying to lead.

As here, thought leaders slipping off into Imaginationland tends to be the leading cause of this problem.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“He’s not the leader of the free world. But, sorry…”

Goldberg explained:

“Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world. … He’s a sort of junior player in a bloc of authoritarian countries. …

Roll Eyes

First off, you have to ask: Where (or what) is the free world?
Well, it's not Germany and/or the EU.
Angela Merkel is the leader of the Islamification of Europe, which certainly doesn't point in the direction of freedom.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24164 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I’m sure that the dozens of people who were watching agreed with everything that was said by such distinguished political scholars.

Meanwhile the rest of America was watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michelle Goldberg

After listening to her, I know she'd have a hard time getting a kindergarden class to successfully cross the street.

Just another never done nothing presser who thinks their opinion means something.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world. …“

Sorry, sweetheart. Merkel will be the leader of the free world when Germany starts paying most of the cost for the defense of the free world. In other words, never.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The New York Times does not publish “All the News That’s Fit to Print.”

Posts: 13295 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
“Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world. …“

Sorry, sweetheart. Merkel will be the leader of the free world when Germany starts paying most of the cost for the defense of the free world. In other words, never.

She couldn't lead the Thanksgiving Day parade if she found herself walking in front of it. Free world indeed...

Soros & the EU run her, so she isn't a leader in any sense.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well, like Dennis Franz said in City of Angels, "Some things are true whether you believe 'em or not."

If just saying things made them so, we'd all be gods.

Whatever helps 'em get through the day, poor things.

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of these people until the link...they have no relevance except in their little cluster mental masterbation excersize...that's why they are on MSNBC.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know who Donald Trump is.

I don't know who this Goldberg person is.

Huh.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a circle-jerk to earn their 15 minutes of fame with the Trump-derangement-syndrome crowd.

I have friends who think they are well-informed by reading the NY Times. Roll Eyes

If I had a canary, I wouldn't pollute its cage-bottom with that rag.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can't stand polluting my brain listening to these idiots. Never heard of any of them.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5048 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just another example of how un-hinged these desperate nobodies are getting. AS others have stated here, I never heard of these libtards that have such distorted opinions.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
This is just another example of how un-hinged these desperate nobodies are getting. AS others have stated here, I never heard of these libtards that have such distorted opinions.

There are two separate countries within our borders. Eventually, they are going to fight.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post