New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night Vision Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
Anyone here use night vision gear on a regular basis?

Posts: 53225 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Not since 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only experience was using the starlight scopes in Vietnam, 1969-1971. Brand new whiz-bang magical stuff back then, all classified Top Secret, strict controls on accountability, serous threats of court martial and life in prison, etc.

By the 1980s you could buy better night vision devices by mail order from Cabelas.

Today's cell phone cameras and home surveillance stuff make that early equipment look like yard sale junk.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here's a five page thread on the subject started late last year...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6590029484

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8949 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 53225 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I use mine often for varmint control.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34134 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Post more videos!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I use mine often for varmint control.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My car has it and I use it every time it is dark out.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Middle 1975ish while testing a new generation night vision "starlight" under EXTREME sub-zero artic winter weather conditions at Ft. Greely, Alaska ................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post