SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes I watch wingsuit videos.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes I watch wingsuit videos. Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
frickin A that was cool.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
There were reliable wing-suits prior to those in the 90's

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Big Grin

I wonder how one gets into that? I mean, how do you practice that as a novice? A "little" jump could still kill you.

Wingsuiters are jumpers; it's just one discipline of jumping. Some combine it with BASE jumping.

Typically a wingsuiter a solid core of jump skills, and begins doing exits with high pulls out of aircraft as part of a regular jump, and builds basic skills that way.

BASE skills are a little different, and something that only a small percentage of jumpers do. Wingsuit skills are developed at jump altitudes before being applied to BASE operations.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post