SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Border Patrol Agents Falsely Accused of Whipping Illegal Migrants Will Be Punished Anyway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Border Patrol Agents Falsely Accused of Whipping Illegal Migrants Will Be Punished Anyway Login/Join 
posted
https://nypost.com/2022/07/08/...migrants-punishment/

Recruiting is down. No surprise there. The agents are being punished with anything from letters of reprimand to suspensions without pay to termination, depending on the severity of the alleged "offenses." I don't know what their union contract has by way of opportunities for appeal, but I'm sure they will exercise any appeal rights that they have. I hope it goes all the way to arbitration and the agents are fully exonerated.

If anyone thinks that Biden and the Dems don't have an animus and hostility towards law enforcement, you are blind. Biden's open border policies have caused untold misery and death for both US citizens and the illegals crossng the border.

Posts: 1059 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
I hope the Agents/Union sue the crap out of this Admin and they can retire early.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2687 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Total Bullshit

Posts: 13837 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
From one of my friends this evening: "If unnecessary force and foul language disqualify someone from joining the Border Patrol, I guess I'd better stick to industrial engineering." Big Grin

Smarty-pants comments aside, there's no way this was anything other than a hit job in the attempt for JB to save some face.

God bless America.

Posts: 13582 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
This isn’t going to end well.

Posts: 53384 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to support them. Any word on how? Is there a GoFundMe account yet?

Posts: 5765 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This is a ploy to make the BPA walk off their jobs to leave the border wide open.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34220 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they doing away with the working horses as well?

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
^^^ No, the Horse Patrol Units will remain.

Posts: 11186 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good. Thanks

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
If they leave the border the people will step in and solve the problem. I don’t imagine the people will be nearly as friendly as the CBP agents.

The feds are derelict in their duties and the people might just decide that the feds are incapable of solving the problem.

Posts: 53384 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
If they leave the border the people will step in and solve the problem. I don’t imagine the people will be nearly as friendly as the CBP agents.

The feds are derelict in their duties and the people might just decide that the feds are incapable of solving the problem.

We've been too nice about this for way too long. Nothing says GTFO like a few hundred rotting ILLEGAL immigrant bodies lying along the border.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the complete 511-page report if anyone has some spare time:

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/defa...c-redacted-final.pdf

Posts: 15934 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
I don't know what their union contract has by way of opportunities for appeal, but I'm sure they will exercise any appeal rights that they have. I hope it goes all the way to arbitration and the agents are fully exonerated.

DHS OIG declined investigative jurisdiction within roughly twelve seconds of the story breaking last year. It was a not-at-all-veiled way of saying "Thanks, but leave us out of your bullshit show trial."

There is basically never, ever a successful disciplinary process that begins with "Here's the desired outcome, now go find me the facts to support it." The BPA's union knows this. So does CBP IA (side note, the smart CBP-IA agents were staging their own serious illnesses or faking their own deaths to avoid this leaking bag as soon as OIG referred it back to the component) and so does agency counsel, but they take their marching orders from idiots.

My prediction-- I owe you a beer, no risk, if I'm wrong-- is that this dies at MSPB. As soon as it does, the BPAs sue for defamation. Because of the baseless and very public accusations by POTATUS, the agents are essentially plague rats from the perspective of the U.S. Attorney's Offices in their sector. This means their cases will be almost universally declined for prosecution, task-force assignments will be out of the question, etc. By the time the lawsuits come to a head, adults will once again be in charge and the suits will be quietly settled.

Posts: 2487 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Punishment of Border Patrol agents is about protecting a president, not migrants
quote:
President Eisenhower once said that “The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.” When it comes to subordinates, that can become a virtual canned hunt for a president. Worse yet, presidents often use other subordinates to pull the trigger.

That is what happened this week when President Biden bagged four Border Patrol agents in one of the most cowardly canned hunts in political history.

After almost a year of investigation, the Biden administration announced the agents would be punished even though investigators found no evidence that they whipped migrants, as Biden and many other politicians and pundits insisted. Since the president declared — before an investigation had begun — that the agents would have to be punished, the agents had to be found guilty of something. So, they were reprimanded for “unprofessional conduct,” “working in an unsafe manner” and “derogatory language.”
Make no mistake: This is not about protecting migrants. It is about protecting a president.

The verdict on these agents was decided ten months ago, after the media went into a frenzy over a false story accusing mounted officers of whipping undocumented migrants near Del Rio, Texas, on Sept. 19.

A photographer captured the scene, which showed agents using bridle reins to guide their skittish horses. The entire videotape clearly shows the agents using the reins on their mounts, not on the migrants. Not only did the photographer quickly deny seeing any officers whip migrants, the videotape clearly refuted that allegation. However, for many in politics and the media it did not matter because it played into a racial-justice claim of the “whipping (of) Haitian asylum seekers.”

From beginning to end, these agents have been treated as props for the president and his administration. They were first used as embodiments of alleged systemic racism in law enforcement; they were then used as scapegoats to fulfill the president’s promise that “those people will pay.”

Most Americans would be appalled by this treatment, but few have seen the full story. It is doubtful they will, either, because much of the media was complicit with the president in the original false story and may be reluctant to fully correct the record now.

Posts: 14795 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
What you won't hear is that it will be challenged in court and the officers will win.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
What you won't hear is that it will be challenged in court and the officers will win.

I hope so but won’t hold my breath on that.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post