SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    11K BHPs to be destroyed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11K BHPs to be destroyed Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Canadian Military

Hate this. No consideration to sell into surplus market.

Loss of so much history.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It doesn't even occur to these people that those pistols might come in handy in the event of a war.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank god our gov't actually had to decency to transfer over 100,000 1911s to the CMP for sale to the public.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't worry, its coming here. Federal law enforcement agencies already do this when they change guns.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
Don't worry, it’s coming here. Federal law enforcement agencies already do this when they change guns.

Guns can be transferred one time from one federal agency to another. In the early 90’s, when we first switched to semiauto’s our agency got brand new 228’s from ATF when they went to the 226 .40. A bit later, we got a large number of brand new 239 9mm’s, also from ATF. After that transfer we had only the option to destroy them once they were no longer wanted.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15593 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what happened to Canadians in the last decade or two ..... Have they all started drinking "stupid water"?? If no one up North cares....then they get the government they deserve.

Damn shame about the Hi Powers, though...one of my favorites

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
From a government that thinks guns in the hands of private citizens is evil, no surprise here.

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
I wonder what happened to Canadians in the last decade or two ..... Have they all started drinking "stupid water"?? If no one up North cares....then they get the government they deserve.

Good question. Read some the comments following the linked article. There are a few that disagree but the majority are all for destroying them.

According to one moron, why would you want an old pistol when you can drive 1.5 hours south and get all
the “automatic compact assault rifles and machine guns” you want.

Amazing

Posts: 775 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or Turd-o diverts them to his next Ukraine package, they just got 60 billion to launder.

Just a thought...

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:

Good question. Read some the comments following the linked article. There are a few that disagree but the majority are all for destroying them.

According to one moron, why would you want an old pistol when you can drive 1.5 hours south and get all
the “automatic compact assault rifles and machine guns” you want.

Amazing

That last writer is just a little geographically challenged, he's thinking of me and my neighbors driving to Mexico, picking up a few shooters and a basic load of ammo and swimming home. I hear that's possible.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post