SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your hard Salami sandwich
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your hard Salami sandwich Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Genoa Salami, Sweet Capocollo, Hot Sopressata, Mortadella, Prosciuttini, Provolone, Vinaigrette

Posts: 17890 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Must must must MUST start with a fresh-baked Kaiser roll. Add:
Hard Salami
Lettuce
Tomato
Duke’s Mayo
Shot of black pepper
Kosher Dill Pickle spear(s) on the side

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Salami, pepper jack, tomato, onion, cheese, honey mustard, mayo..maybe butter instead sometimes.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Salami, pepper jack, tomato, onion, cheese, honey mustard, mayo..maybe butter instead sometimes.

Yes-none of that miracle Whip crap!

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe that my post was the only one in this thread that mentioned horseradish (page 1).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get yourself some Hebrew National Beef Salami and cut it into 1/8” slices or so and pan ‘grill’ it up on both sides.

(link to Amazon)

Expect the slices to ‘cup’ as they cook so have a spatula ready to press them flat. Cook them to the ‘doneness’ to your liking.

Toast up your favorite rye bread, and make the glorious sammich with your mayo of choice, crisp iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato and a dash or so of salt and pepper.

Simpler is better so you can really savor and enjoy the meat!

“No cheese?” you ask.

Well, my folks tried to keep a kosher home so meat and dairy were not served at the same time.

A rueben-ized version is also very good, with cole-slaw substituted for the sauerkraut.

My dad made these for us growing up and they were sooooo good!!

Enjoy!!

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I go to Baldino's up the street and just order their hot Italian.

It's a life changing sub.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Decent multigrain or whole wheat bread, Dijon mustard, Swiss cheese, quality hard salami.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Six slices hard salami
One slice bread.
Put salami on bread.

Putting any condiment on decent salami is a sin, almost as bad as putting soy sauce on sushi.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Ketchup, cheese, salami and bread!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
It starts with a crusty but not brittle panini, pull the light fluffy inside out with your fingers and toss it. Thick slices of tomato drenched in oil, salt, fresh bazil, a small amount of oregano, and crushed red pepper.

Loosely roll the thinly sliced salami. Take the bread and place it face down in the oil/spice mixture so it aborbs that tomato juice and oil. Place some tomato first then add 3 of the folded/rolled salami on the bread then two slices of provolone followed another 3 slices of salami. Then put the other tomato. Absorb the rest of the juice with the bottom half of the panini. Smoosh them together and serve with some kalamata olives.

I'm a professional eater.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Okay, now I want a salami sandwich. Thanks guys.

I usually buy Creminelli brand salami; usually just eat it with cheese and bread or crackers (not sandwich).

I'm gonna buy some salami for a sandwich tomorrow. Is this a good brand / type of salami for sandwiches?

Any recommendations? My market has 6+ brands and never sure what type or brand to get.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Okay, now I want a salami sandwich. Thanks guys.

I usually buy Creminelli brand salami; usually just eat it with cheese and bread or crackers (not sandwich).

I'm gonna buy some salami for a sandwich tomorrow. Is this a good brand / type of salami for sandwiches?

Any recommendations? My market has 6+ brands and never sure what type or brand to get.

You live in a region full of good food options, take advantage. Creminelli is a solid brand, above the mass market.
Of the mass market brands, I prefer Molinari over Columbus.
For really good Italian deli meats, look for Journeyman Meat Co. The guy who started it, went to Italy to be the understudy of Dario Cecchini, famous eclectic Tuscan butcher who's been featured on a variety of food-travel shows.

Next time you're in San Francisco, go check out Molinari Deli in North Beach, Lucca Delicatessen in Marina, Calabria Brothers in Mission. Genova Deli used to be in Oakland, they still have locations in Walnut Creek and Napa.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Okay, I'll stick with Creminelli. I'll look for Molinari and Journeyman. I think the store carries the former, the latter doesn't sound familiar.

They have several other brands (not familiar with them) and various types of salami. I'll try to note the options tomorrow and see what you guys think.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Good crusty bread, mustard and maybe sliced pickle.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Hard to believe that my post was the only one in this thread that mentioned horseradish (page 1).

I think I’ll try that next time. I’ve added onions for crunch and flavor, but maybe horseradish instead…

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I use a type of mustard that has horseradish blended in.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
V-tail. Provide the brand plz.

Thanks all, so many great idea's. All sound delicious, except Ketchup Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Thanks! Okay, I'll stick with Creminelli. I'll look for Molinari and Journeyman. I think the store carries the former, the latter doesn't sound familiar.

They have several other brands (not familiar with them) and various types of salami. I'll try to note the options tomorrow and see what you guys think.

You're down the Peninsula?

Check out Draeger's, Molly Stone and Piazza's. Whole Foods actually carries them.
Zanotto's if you're down around San Jose-area.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Soppresetta, capicola, prosciutto, provolone, roasted red peppers, thin sliced onion, and then finish with a red wine vinegar, evoo & Italian herb mixture drizzled on the inside of the bread. Served on a baguette or other crusty bread.

Optional add ons: roasted eggplants slices, an Italian hot peppers relish, olive tapenade, tomato, lettuce.

Serve cold or lightly toasted in the oven.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post