SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Job Opening In The Orlando Area, If Anybody Is Interested
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Job Opening In The Orlando Area, If Anybody Is Interested Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I was reading the thread about jobs and resumes in the rant section, and that reminded me about a job opening that I know of.

This is in the Casselberry / Fern Park area, just north of Orlando.

It is working at the front desk of a medical practice, interacting with patients who are checking in for their appointments, and all the associated type of front office things.

Requirements include moderate computer skills (who doesn't have that in today's environment?), ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and a personality that can handle pissed-off patients while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.

My email address is in my profile if you know of anybody who fits that profile and is looking for work. I am not really involved in this, but if anybody contacts me about this, I will put the proper people in touch.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30747 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
... while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.

Well, that lets me out. Again. Frown

Posts: 28021 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

But if there's a range next door where one can let off steam...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Would it help if we changed “pleasant” to “patient?”

Or would that make matters worse?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30747 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
quote:
But if there's a range next door where one can let off steam...
Not exactly next door, but not too far either. Gun shop with range, maybe five or ten minutes.

I do know for sure that one of the staff carries. And the business owner's spouse is a retired cop, so we can infer another Armed Citizen.

I get the strong impression that the atmosphere is "don't ask, don't tell."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
sounds like the med practice needs someone to take grief all day because they do not want to change how they do business.

simply change what ever you are doing wrong , and "dissatisfied customers" won't be causing problems

and you will keep your front desk people

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54717 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
sounds like the med practice needs someone to take grief all day because they do not want to change how they do business.

simply change what ever you are doing wrong , and "dissatisfied customers" won't be causing problems

and you will keep your front desk people

My wife has been a medical practice administrator For years. Would that it were as simple as you seem to think it is. The biggest irritants are insurance companies, patients failure to understand their own insurance coverages, and “why can’t you see me immediately”. A good front desk person that can maintain their composure is worth their weight in gold.

Posts: 778 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post