SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shop Vac question ,Have you ever seen this feature?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shop Vac question ,Have you ever seen this feature? Login/Join 
posted
I have looked and looked but maybe I am search challenged.

A guy needs a wet shop vac once a month, but he is no longer able to lift more than two gallons to pour out the water in too a sink.

Nor can he just wheel it outside to dump it over.

He has tried three smaller pumps that lower in too the tank but they are either too slow or they gum up with debris.

Have you ever seen a wet vac with a switch that will empty the water through the hose ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean with a drain port to attach a hose. Not sure what you mean by a switch.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-...91c4f30&gad_source=1

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is the closest thing I can find to what you describe. It seems to be designed to remove sludge and such so it seems like it was made not to clog as it expels waste. Perhaps look at reviews to see how it performs. Is quite expensive.

https://www.thepondguy.com/pro...tzGWdpIPQZyvef9qYD8r

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen a shop vac that would do that. I’m sure there is something out there.

What is he removing the water from? Perhaps a submersible pump (bilg pump) with a hose running to a drain or an in-line pump with a long enough hose to reach from the source to a drain. Storing it Bergen uses shouldn’t take up more space then a shop vac.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3903 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
How about threading a drain valve into the bottom so he can drain a gallon at a time i to a bucket?

Or, a small cheap pump? Like a motor oil extractor, as long as it is rated for water.

Posts: 9752 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the submersible pumps he's found are made for huge tanks , they are way too fast.

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sink drain he uses Is three feet off the floor so it won't drain up hill.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Start with the empty shopvac on the counter to begin with.

Posts: 11696 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make a head unit that attaches onto a 5gal bucket which would allow for the 3gal limit and not too cumbersome. I’ve not used one so can’t comment on effectiveness or reliability

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6301 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shopvac does make vacuums with a water pump. I haven't used one, but maybe it'd work?

ShopVac with water pump

Edited to add - if the shopvac he has already has a hookup for a water hose on the bottom an in-line pump may be an option? Amazon has a lot of them in the $50 range.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1768 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A small marine style bilge pump might work for his needs.He can attach it to a small 12 V battery -like tractor / motorcycle size, so it can be used anywhere.

Posts: 377 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
There are small, inexpensive drill-powered pumps that may work for them.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Start with the empty shopvac on the counter to begin with.

He would need 60' of vac hose.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Why not one of the condensate pumps like they sell for a furnace that is too low to drain?
Just put a good screen of some sort on the pickup.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Li...I6BONZ86qoVjVScn5BOo

Posts: 9831 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have a 5 gal wet dry vac from lowes I use. It’s got a ss tank and it’s a craftsman brand. Surely he could slurp up a gallon and then carry it away for dumping.

Dewalt makes a smaller one. Like this https://www.uline.com/Product/...11777cbbbf5d54c0e7e8

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 2209r.

I don't think that the furnace pumps would work, but
The little giant name brand struck a nerve,

I had a bird bath with a great little giant fountain pump for many years ,
That's where I will start.

Thanks to all the others for taking the time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

posted Hide Post
Dustless Technologies makes an all plastic vac that does water and dry vacuuming. When empty it’s pretty light. Will hold 16 gallons. Has a drain at the bottom. Will also do drywall dust, which is why I bought mine. Use it in my workshop and have vacuumed basement flood water numerous times.

Posts: 2161 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post